Lockheed Martin Human Factors Intern in Orlando, Florida
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This internship position will support the User Experience (UX) design of various software training, logistics and automated test application.
The successful candidate will have experience in user-centered design (UCD) of graphical user interfaces, conducting user research, developing user flows, prototyping, user testing and optimization.
The software products will be used by the military interfacing through both desktop/laptop and mobile devices.
The selected candidate will have the following qualities and skills.
• Combine UX thinking with design execution to produce usable and intuitive user interfaces within a tight time table following an Agile design methodology.
• Plan and run user tests and other design research to inform design decisions
• Collaborate with the rest of the design team to evolve and refine our design system, ensuring visual cohesion and engineering efficiency across all user touchpoints
• Effectively communicate design solutions to engineers and stakeholders
• Design interfaces for both handheld and desktop devices
• Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints
• Pursuing or earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Ergonomics, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or a related, relevant field
• Experience working with the military end users to participate in the interviews, surveys, usability testing, field trials – and translate the feedback into requirements for systems design.
• Hands-on experience moderating such studies would be helpful.
• A self-starter who is not afraid to engage stakeholders and other engineers in a collaborative, ethical, and respectful way.
• A great team player, able to work well as part of a small UX team and also collaborate closely with Product Managers, Business Analysts and Technical Developers.
• Experience performing UX designs following a UCD process.
• Bachelors Degree in Ergonomics, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or a related, relevant field
• Experience using interactive prototyping tools (e.g. Axure, InVision, Adobe XD) and ‘static’ UX Design tools (e.g. Sketch, Balsamiq, OmniGraffle)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs