Lockheed Martin Embedded Software Engineering Senior Manager (Orlando, FL) in Orlando, Florida
Description: As an Engineering & Technology (E&T) Manager, the selected candidate will be responsible for the technical leadership, management and development of their team, support of department initiatives and directorate undertakings, and driving technical excellence, affordability, and program execution.
For the management and development of their team, the E&T manager is responsible for providing technical coaching and mentoring, work assignments, employee career development, continuous ongoing feedback, and being their employees advocate in opportunity discussions.
To support functional initiatives and directorate undertakings, the E&T manager is responsible for coordinating employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessments, recognition/disciplinary actions, and engineering competency development.
To drive technical excellence, affordability, and program execution, the E&T manager is responsible for supporting program development, execution of program requirements, adherence to engineering development processes, promoting customer focus, and serving as the technical conscience for their program.
Candidates filling this position will need a clearance at the level specified in “Clearance Level” or will need the ability to get a clearance if not specified.
Embedded software engineering technical leadership and/or management including design/architecture development, task planning, budget management, subcontract management and/or employee development and mentoring
- Greater than 18 years experience in embedded software design, development, and integration of DoD weapon systems.
- Greater than 10 years experience as a embedded software technical lead, technically leading/driving the design, implementation, and integration of DoD weapon systems.
- Extensive Embedded C++ development experience
- Demonstrated Ability to manage complex technical systems/programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen, management influence and whole systems thinking
- Ability to collaborate with multi-functional teams
- Full Lifecycle development experience
It is desired that the candidate has experience with, or knowledge of, one or more skills below:
- Experience with Sensor development; Image and Inertial Tracking; Navigation; Aircraft Interface Integration
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment Pipeline development
- Proposal Development; Basis of Estimate (BOE) Development
- Control Account Manager (CAM) experience
- Earned Value Management Experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs