Lockheed Martin DevOps Engineer in Orlando, Florida
Description: This position is for a DevOps/Data engineer within the Lockheed Martin Chief Data and Analytics Office (CDAO), this is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to work in a fast-paced Information Technology organization where the latest technologies will be developed and applied.
Implement best practices for software build, deployment and maintenance.
- Automate design patterns as infrastructure as code and implement and test the automation.
- Implement automation changes to business information and technical systems Analyze and revise existing code and system documentation as necessary
- May authorize risk level changes and recommend solutions to minimize and/or prevent system interruption with automation enforcement.
- Evaluate, recommend and select new automation tools Perform change and problem management using standard automation tools.
- Configure our applications and troubleshoot their operational issues
- Develop and improve our monitoring and alerting systems.
- Assist with capacity planning and load testing of our applications.
- Experience with AWS resources including provisioning, monitoring and maintenance.
- Manage Kubernetes cluster and continuously improve deployment process of our applications.
- Work with various Engineering teams to outline the DevOps execution strategy for different projects.
- Assist with organization wide security considerations. Find the best ways to identify security risks and incidents and suggest improvements and create automation as needed to detect and mitigate those risks.
- Participates in architecture and software development activities.
- Uses coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow.
- Collaborates with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
- U.S. Citizenship required
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree
• Expertise in AWS platform, Linux Operating Systems, Networking, and Database concepts
• Strong knowledge of Docker containers and Kubernetes.
• Experience with scripting/ languages like Bash, Shell, Python, Rust etc.
• Working knowledge of infrastructure as code using Terraform and Ansible.
• Strong proficiency in database management.
• Experience with continuous integration and deployment tools like Jenkins or GitLab CI/CD.
• Good combination of technical and interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication
• Attention to detail-oriented with the ability to work independently.
• Experience performing Contractor Off the Shelf (COTS) Support (software installations, upgrades and maintenance)
• Experience with DevSecOps implementations
• Experience with Agile Methodologies and Implementation, preferably, SAFe methodology, JIRA and Confluence
• Experience with configuration, management and using PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) authentication services
• Experience implementing services at the OS level and Kerberos integration
• Experience with configuration management tools like Git/GitLab
• Ability to troubleshoot issues arising from OS and Network anomalies
• Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic fast paced IT environment
• AWS Certified Solution Architect certification
• OpenShift/Rancher experience
• Developing K8s Operators experience
• Professional security certification is preferred
• Experience with key cybersecurity technologies such as network security tools, network access control, firewalls and encryption
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs