Hubbell Power Systems Materials Handler Night Shift, Ontario in Ontario, California
Materials Handler Night Shift, Ontario
Apply now »
Date: Apr 7, 2021
Location: Ontario, CA, US, 91761
Company: Hubbell Incorporated
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
500 S. DUPONT AVE. ONTARIO, CA 91761
Work in casting department producing thermoset casted parts of various sizes by preparing and dressing tools/molds with fiberglass, mix and fill them with casted liquid polymer concrete material, and demold parts from molds/tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow Company safety and break policies, work in a safe manner, follow directions, and wear company issued Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Immediately report any unsafe activity or accident to area Supervisor
- Learn and understand how to dress, apply fiberglass roving to molds, move molds/tools to casting roller tables, dispense material from autocasting mixing bin into mixing bowl, add chopped fiberglass and catalyst, and dispense into molds/tools, and remove cured parts from molds/tools.
- Cast material into assembled composite tool/mold fill lines – Maximum Lifting Policy is 50 pounds.
- Remove parts from tools/molds in a safe manner, trim and deflash as instructed using hand-tools, inspect for product quality, and place/stack onto pallets – Maximum Lifting Policy is 50 pounds.
- Work in an efficient manner maintaining part shift through/put quantity requirements.
- Ask questions when unsure of work safety and through-put quantity requirements.
- Keep area clean, follow good housekeeping practices.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, work in a fast paced environment with repetitive motion, clutch, lift, grab, bend, stoop, push and pull with no difficulties, be on feet during work shift, and clearly communicate issues.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work in a group environment, and ask for help when needed.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.