What does a great Software Engineer do?
What does a great Software Engineer do? At Fiserv, our technology engineering leaders bring an open and creative mindset to developing our clients' solutions. We're looking for engineering leaders who can work collaboratively and have experience in a range of technologies. These leaders define solution architecture plus have the tenacity and attention to detail to work through complex problems. Our environment consists of modern APIs, micro-services, third-party integrations, and cloud infrastructure. You will interact with clients of leading financial institutions, product managers, and software engineers to envision, design, and build innovative produce and technology solutions supporting large scale solutions. You will lead and influence agile teams of engineers developing talent, ensuring high quality and innovation are in place to help our clients' businesses.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
· 7-9 years of current experience as a member of engineering teams in delivering resilient and high-volume technology solutions built in Java/J2EE.
· Recent experience working with teams delivering with Java/Spring Frameworks, Spring Boot
· Recent experience in developing 12 Factor cloud native services
· Minimum 5 years hands-on software development experience building RESTful API's including JSON over HTTPS.
· Messaging Architectures including Kafka, MQ and ESB technologies.
· Experience with various database technologies including both relational and non-relational implementations (SQL and NoSQL)
· Experienced in the day-to-day practicalities of Agile/Scrum software delivery methodologies
· 4+ years hands-on software development experience designing, writing, debugging, and testing object-oriented code.
· 5+ years working on high volume transactional systems including performance tuning.
· Experience with database design, performance tuning, and optimization.
· An advanced understanding of pattern languages & software algorithms
· Advanced knowledge of coding techniques contributing to the reliability, maintainability, readability, simplicity, performance, and testability of software
· A high level of proficiency working with modern CI/CD and DevSecOps practices
· A solid understanding of complex IT environments, including networking, databases, security, and performance.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
· Financial/banking sector experience is an advantage
· Cloud Migration (Azure/PCF/Openshift/AWS)
· Experience with Splunk
· Experience with file transfer technologies (NDM/ConnectDirect/IBM FileGateway)
Travel required: 15-20% Percentage/frequency of travel
Who We Are:
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
- Fiserv Jobs