Kiewit Corporation Procurement Lead - Kiewit Supply Network in Oakville, Ontario
Numéro d'identification de la demande | Requisition ID : 116980
The Procurement Lead provides negotiation, dispute resolution and legal-related support for project procurement and administration activities for Kiewit Canada. In this role, you will interface with the Project Procurement Managers, Procurement Agents, Project Managers, Legal Counsel, Director of Procurement, and Sponsors for escalated issues. You will act as the procurement subject matter expert on Canadian common and civil laws, Prime and sub level terms and conditions, operate as primary procurement liaison to the legal department, and maintain a high level working knowledge of multiple projects in Canada. If you would like to own a process and make a significant impact as we continue to grow Kiewit in Canada, this is the opportunity for you!
Kiewit Supply Network group specializes in providing comprehensive procurement services to clients across the construction and engineering industries in multiple markets, including transportation; water/wastewater; power; oil, gas and chemical; building; and mining. Our key objectives are to offer clients a world-class service focused on ensuring equipment, materials and services are consistently estimated and procured at the right price. We strive to offer an appropriate level of quality and ensure materials and services are delivered on schedule and in compliance with the client’s specifications and expectations.
This position will be based out of Calgary, AB, Laval, QC, Oakville, ON, or Montreal QC. This is a shared service environment in a professional office setting.
• Identify Prime contract flow down requirements for individual projects and train Procurement Managers on developing project templates.
• Review project contract templates for adherence to project requirements.
• Assist in the development of company-wide procurement templates.
• Provide as-needed training on negotiation, contracts, and terms and conditions.
• Assist in negotiating high risk contracts for various projects.
• Provide negotiation support to project teams and operate as initial legal review.
• Conduct annual review of company contract templates and work with legal department to update as necessary.
• Resolve escalated, complex, or disputed contract issues.
• Develop and maintain vendor relationships and manage supplier specific vendor template negotiations.
• Support procurement staff meetings and provide legal communication to team.
• Interface with business, legal, risk, tax, suppliers and internal procurement departments.
• Work with Contracts group manager to ensure consistency in application of services across all markets
• Bi-lingual English/French
• Knowledge of Canadian civil law and common law, with a preference for the understanding of the recently revised construction act in Ontario for prompt payment and lien legislation.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, supply chain management or equivalent degree or military/education experience combination
• Legal training (either J.D. or experienced paralegal)
• At least 8 years negotiation experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
• Detail-oriented, highly motivated, effective time management skills
• Advanced knowledge in risk evaluation, claims mitigation and dispute resolution
• Strong leadership, management and coaching skills
• Must be willing to travel
Nous souscrivons au principe d'égalité d'accès à l'emploi sans discrimination et nous respectons toutes les lois relatives aux droits de l'homme dans les provinces où nous menons nos activités.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
- Kiewit Corporation Jobs