TEKsystems System Administrator in Notre Dame, Indiana
Our client is looking for a System Administrator in South Bend, Indiana.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Responsible for the
design, support, administration, and maintenance of Windows and Linux servers and
associated applications .
General supervision and
direction is received from the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
· Bachelor degree, extensive work history
· At least 3 years Linux systems administration
(CentOS, RedHat, Debian)
· At least 3 years Windows Server experience.
· Experience with user provisioning, single
sign-on, and multi-factor authentication
· Demonstrated scripting/programming
CSS, Visual Basic, SQL. PHP.
· Strong skills in messaging and directory
services such as e-mail (SMTP), LDAP, Active Directory.
· At least 3 years VMware virtual server management.
· At least 3 years SAN management with iSCSI or
· At least 5 years experience in design,
implementation and administration of 1000+ WAP Wi-Fi environment with strong
Wi-Fi troubleshooting skills.
· Knowledge of Oracle and mySQL/MariaDB
· Knowledge of system security tools and
· Knowledge of and experience with SSL
certificate installation and maintenance.
· Excellent written, oral, organizational and
interpersonal skills required.
· Ability to work well with a diverse group of
· Ability to shift priorities in an ever
· At least 3 years experience supporting
end-users, preferably in an academic setting.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
· Enhance the security of our network and systems.
· Manage Active Directory
environment, including security group membership, account management, central
shared file server management.
· Create and maintain solutions which
integrate college systems (Active Directory, Banner, GSuite, Blackboard, Samba,
PaperCut, etc.) with each other and with external systems.
· Manage GSuite (Google Apps).
· Set up SAML SSO applications in
GSuite, work with vendors to set up Service Providers.
· Configure, implement, administer and upgrade
software, hardware, network connectivity and security of Windows and Linux
· Write programs to automate processes as
· Monitor system resource utilization and
recommend upgrades as necessary.
· Manage network security and integrity,
including determination of security requirements and appropriate implementation
· Resolve system hardware/software problems.
· Manages servers and applications for
students, faculty, staff and guests.
· Manage VMWare environment,
including creating, managing, and deleting virtual machines, installing,
configuring and updating Linux and Windows Server systems.
· Manage L-Soft Listserv, including
manual list creation and population, assisting list owners, maintaining
automated software to populate primary mailing lists for the college.
· Create and maintain simple web
applications, including online network account retrieval, password change,
account management utilities for users and IT staff.
· Install and update SSL
certificates for Apache, IIS, and other systems.
· Perform other duties as required.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email email@example.com. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.
- TEKsystems Jobs