NBC Universal Segment Producer, MSNBC Weekends in New York, New York
Job Number 64696BR
Job Title Segment Producer, MSNBC Weekends
Business Segment NBC News and MSNBC
Posting Category Production
About Us NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Country United States
State New York
City New York
• Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Strong writing skills and knowledge of American politics.
• Strong research and reporting skills.
• 5 years of experience in some form of journalism required (i.e. cable or network news, website, newspaper).
• Candidate should be able to deal with daily script deadline pressure.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research and plan segments.
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
• Wide-range reader of news, including op-eds.
• Edit room experience and breaking news experience is preferred.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
- NBC Universal Jobs