Pfizer Inc. Regional Business Director, Vaccines - Northeast in New York, New York
As a member of the US Vaccines Sales and Accounts Leadership Team (SALT), this role is responsible for setting and executing Regional Sales strategies to meet or exceed all sales goals for promoted vaccines and the introduction of new products. Collaborate with other Customer Facing Teams as a leader of a robust Sales platform driving appropriate, recommended immunization in accounts, pharmacies, patient care centers and other assigned institutional customers in the Region. Demonstrate and model agility in leadership, business acumen and team work. Integrate and align strategies from other Vaccines customer facing teams to provide leadership of a multichannel sales platform that includes driving appropriate, recommended immunization in accounts, pharmacies, patient care centers and other assigned institutional customers in the Region. Embrace the role as a leader of change and positive influence. Model compliance and integrity at all times.
Key Role Dimensions
Span of Control: Approx. 8-10 direct reports with approx. 90+ TMs in related DBM structures; collaborations with 4-6 cross functional team members in Account Management, Pharmacy, Commercial Excellence and Field Enablement.
Budgetary Impact: Target Revenue range: of approximately $900M
Travel: Within designated state(s), region and wider HQ locations
The Northeast Region includes but is not limited to the following: DE, PA, NJ, NY, CT, MA, NH, VT, ME
US Vaccines experience is preferred
Delivers on current business accountabilities:
* Communicates National and Regional sales strategies and goals to the Regional team for their use in creating Business Plans and ensures that each staff member develops and follows a sound Business Plan for their area of responsibility.
* Develops and advances a deep knowledge of regional drivers for diverse customer channels.
* Provides tailored and specific channel appropriate direction, objectives and coaching to diverse teams selling in diverse channels.
* Engages US Commercial Excellence resources to define Regional opportunities and challenges.
* Engages HQ based Enablement Managers to communicate and implement operational updates to the plan.
* Identifies short, mid-term and long term sources of business opportunities and tracks against a cross functional implementation plan.
* Identify key customers and develop customer plans, collaborating as needed with customer facing partners
* Translates national opportunities into a regional action plan
* Identify local opportunities and the resources required to optimize results
* Update the plan as new opportunities arise, or any corrective actions become necessary
* Allocates promotional spend, work load, call plan within their region, by geography. Provides direction and guidance to the sales team on call plan execution and updates direction as needed based on portfolio, seasonal opportunities or market conditions.
* Performs ongoing analysis of business conditions in the Region, including regular conferences with managers, representatives, and key customers, in partnership with other Customer Facing team leaders.
* Tracks defined performance metrics and leverages local knowledge to refine strategic and tactical deployments to diverse channels.
* Partner proactively with Account Management and Pharmacy to evaluate customer trends and portfolio needs.
* Leverage all local resources and people (Pharmacy, Account Management, Marketing Brand Teams, Medical, Government/Public Affairs/Policy, etc.) to achieve business results through evaluation of the significant net revenue opportunities
* Use data driven, business cases to make informed decisions on differential resourcing within territories
* Make recommendations to VP, Sales, Account Management Lead and Pharmacy Lead to differentiate resources across the cross-functional team depending on trade-off needs
* Work collaboratively with RBD peers across regions to share lessons learned from successes and failures within and across regions to achieve scalability of solutions while avoiding duplication and redundancy of effort
* Improve the feedback to HQ of both brand and customer propositions ensuring a closed loop through Regional Marketers to secure support from HQ
Leads Regional Team / Strong People Management:
* Ensures improved business performance and competitive advantage by enabling managers to attract, develop and retain top talent, which is critical to our business success.
* Succeeds in attracting and selecting the best talent to Pfizer, as well as retains those talented employees who are invaluable to the achievement of our business goals.
* Maintains a robust talent plan for colleagues in the Region.
* Supervises the work performed by 8-10 direct reports and effectively leads a sales team of approximately 90+ individuals.
* Leverages defined competencies for coaching feedback and colleague development.
* Effectively manages the Performance and Development of direct reports to maximize their performance and productivity.
* Objectively evaluates direct report's performance using the Pfizer GPM process.
* Provides clear direction, guidance and feedback; Sets challenging performance objectives, provides performance coaching and demonstrates interest and support of employee's career aspirations.
* Conducts District and Region Business Reviews at the DBM level, engaged and collaboratively with Account Management and Channel solutions partners.
* Coach / guide the District Business Managers in creating District plans, with supporting resource strategies, for maximizing their top and bottom line results.
* Effectively manages all employee relations' issues (with support from Human Resources) including the termination of employees, if needed
* Ensures that differentiated effort and contribution is recognized in the form of rewards and career advancement opportunities.
* Uses advancement opportunities to recognize achievement and build morale within the Region
Engages in and Leads strategic projects for Sales and US Vaccines:
* Leads, inspires and focuses team by creating and communicating a compelling vision of success and a clear and purposeful mission. Aligns to the Pfizer Bold Moves culture and models the relevant behavior within the Region and across Pfizer teams. The Regional Business Director is expected to foster a culture of entrepreneurship, flexibility, openness, cooperation, inclusion and engagement.
* Engages in and leads high value business initiatives with Regional and National implications.
* Works across the commercial organization to deliver future focused initiatives.
* Provides Product Management with input and feedback regarding plans for future product promotion priorities and support material utility and effectiveness.
* Liaises as assigned to Brand Teams for strategy input, tactics development and deployment planning.
* Active partner in POA development, leader in POA execution.
BA/BS Degree required.
Minimum of 10 years pharmaceutical, Biotech or medical marketing/sales experience with at least three years in a promoted position with demonstrated leadership experience.
At least 5 years of managerial experience at a senior level - managing teams of commercial colleagues at all levels in the organization.
Ability to travel is required
MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred.
U.S. Vaccines sales/commercial experience preferred
Demonstrated success in a senior commercial, marketing and/or sales role, including experience in sales/account management, marketing, strategy, operations and HQ functional roles.
Demonstrated capability to leverage portfolio level account analytics to drive strategic and integrated account plans.
Experience of successfully working with key thought leaders or high influence customers
Experience managing a function, marketing and/or sales, with a large $250k+ budget, and large groups of colleagues (+30)
Demonstrated One Pfizer approach by operating above-brand or cross-function/BU on policy and strategic issues
Demonstrated ability to quickly get up to speed on specific market and customer knowledge as well as brand knowledge
Working knowledge of sales and marketing operations including: data/reports, targeting, call planning, compensation, alignment and structure, primary and secondary market research, and tactical programs.
Strong understanding of Good Promotional Practice and Human Resource guidelines and the ability to lead by example.
Experience managing a team of diverse colleagues
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Demonstrates Business Acumen
Holds People Accountable
Each Vaccines Region is accountable for $900M in revenue
Approx. 8-10 direct reports with approx. 90+ TMs in related DBM structures
Additional Position Details
Last Date to apply - Jan 27, 2021
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
Eligible for Relocation Assistance: Yes
Additional Geographic details: The Northeast Region includes but is not limited to the following: DE, PA, NJ, NY, CT, MA, NH, VT, ME
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility:
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.