TEKsystems Quantitative Financial Analyst in New York, New York
As a Quantitative Finance Analyst on Market Risk Analytics team, your responsibilities will involve:
• Develop quantitative risk models, analytics and applications in support of market risk assessment and regulatory capital calculation
• Partner with internal groups including Capital, Risk, Technology, Model Risk Management and Market Risk Management on model enhancement, performance testing and documentation to remediate internal and external requirements
• Conduct analysis and verification on market data, risk metrics and P&L time series
• Prepare developmental evidence and document to support internal and external exams
• Perform analysis for VaR/RNiV model development, documentations/submissions and aid in addressing required action items raised by model risk management, issues from regulators, audit and model performance tests
• Perform statistical analysis on market historical data and model parameters
• Develop and support benchmarking and back testing. Identify, analyze, explain any overages
• Identify common themes across global markets along with improvement initiatives
• Communicate the results of this analysis to all model stakeholders including risk management, model development, model risk, management and our regulators
• Support model development in confirming remediation of model issues prior to their being taken live
Responsible for independently conducting quantitative analytics and modeling projects. Responsible for developing new models, analytic processes or systems approaches. Creates documentation for all activities and works with Technology staff in design of any system to run models developed. Incumbents possess excellent quantitative/analytic skills and a broad knowledge of financial markets and products.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
• Master's degree or PhD required (preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or related field) and 2+ years’ experience
• Working knowledge of risk or pricing models for fixed income or commodity products
• Understanding of regulatory capital and risk management framework and stress testing requirement
• Solid working experience in a related field (Market Risk, Middle Office)
• Broad financial product knowledge
• Proven programming skills (Python, C++, SQL, or equivalent object-oriented programming) to write reusable and testable code to develop tools and improve process efficiency for reporting and calculation automation
• Experience in data analysis, with excellent research and analytical skills
• Pro-active behavior with capacity to seize initiative
• Good written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with personnel across areas and regions
• Ability to multitask with excellent time management skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Past experience in IBOR transition / FRTB is a plus
Front Office Trading Experience, Master's Degree or PhD (preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or related field), Python, Quant Analysis
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email email@example.com. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.
- TEKsystems Jobs