NBC Universal Network Security Platform Engineer in New York, New York
Job Number 64672BR
Job Title Network Security Platform Engineer
Business Segment Operations & Technology
Sub-Business Cyber Security
Posting Category Technology & Engineering
About Us NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Country United States
State Multiple Locations
City See List Below
• A deep understanding of network security principles and how to apply them.
• Solid experience with routing, switching, VPN, wireless infrastructure, load balancer technology, packet brokers, and MPLS technologies.
• Strong network infrastructure security skills including device hardening, WAF, firewall, IDS/IPS, SIEM, malware detection, transport, and at-rest encryption.
• Experience utilizing identity services to secure networks including 802.1x and SAML concepts.
• A thirst for improvement and an inclination to thoughtfully challenge the status quo
• Desire to try things and iterate on them, fail fast, and focus on functionality that matters
• Leverage data to drive design and risk decisions using various sources and basic analytics to create clear metrics and reports.
• Hands-on experience with Palo Alto Networks firewalls, highly segmented and transient networks, complex hybrid cloud (on-premises and cloud-native applications) ecosystems, or extremely high-performance (high-bandwidth, low-latency) network environments such as broadcast or research networks.
• WAF experience including Akamai or Cloudflare
• A clear understanding of securing infrastructure in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
• Experience utilizing MarkMonitor or Neustar
• SDN experience including Cisco ACI or VMWare NSX
• Comfort with scripting or software development.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
- NBC Universal Jobs