Marsh & McLennan Cos Health Actuary - Analyst II in New York, New York
Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in the New York office:
Health Actuary - Analyst II
What can you expect?
- You will have be joining a solid team of seasoned professionals with extensive industry experience
- You will have the opportunity to add value by implementing creative solutions for our clients
- You will have excellent opportunities for career development and growth.
What is in it for you?
- Top benefits - generous PTO including vacation, sick, personal and even time off for community service!
- Competitive pay, full benefits package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, generous 401k match AND contribution
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, while working for a global company with a dynamic culture.
- Actuarial student program with study time, expense reimbursement and financial rewards for success
- You will have opportunities to participate in Mercer Cares, our community outreach and volunteerism initiative, which coordinates company volunteer events to encourage employees to give back to our community.
- You will have networking opportunities with other colleagues via our Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - Mercer Cares (community involvement), PRIDE, Women@Mercer, Racial & Ethnic Diversity and Rising Professionals Network!
We will count on you to:
- Assist in actuarial / quantitative analysis projects under the guidance of senior project team member in order to assess and calculate costs, rates, risks, and trends associated with underwriting health and welfare insurance, brokering contracts, or projecting health care related costs
- Gather, organize, test, and review client or vendor data for accuracy, validity, and reasonableness
- Perform basis analyses and cost projections by using or modifying existing products, tools and pricing models
- Assist senior project team members in preparing reports for data trend analyses and to summarize findings and recommend a strategy, solution, or plan design to the client
- Participate in development of company's intellectual capital in order to further develop the company's offering, as well as knowledge of health insurance actuarial services and products
- Research, analyze, and review industry, regulatory, and legislative trends for calculating risk, liability, and cost for client or government reports
- Learn the basics of products, services, and tools - gain an understanding of vendor/carrier markets, basic underwriting and financial skills, products, services and technical tools, and intranet resources and participate in training courses, online learning, or through learning from more experienced colleagues
- Assist with the preparation of clear and concise client-friendly communications and managing the quality and timeliness of client deliverables
What you need to have:
- Bachelor's degree
- A commitment to achieving a Society of Actuaries (SOA) designation
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
What makes you stand out:
- Proficiency with MS Access and MS PowerPoint
- Eagerness to drive results and take initiative
- 1-2 years of professional experience
- Have passed at least 1 of the preliminary SOA exams
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.