Comcast Business Intelligence- Yield and Inventory Analyst in New York, New York
FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, comprised of FreeWheel Publishers, FreeWheel Markets, and FreeWheel Advertisers empowers all segments of The New TV Ecosystem. We are structured to provide the full breadth of solutions the advertising industry needs to achieve their goals. We power the technology, data enablement, and convergent marketplaces required to ensure buyers and sellers can transact across all screens, across all data types, and all sales channels, in order to ensure the ultimate goal results for marketers. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, London, Paris, Beijing, and across the globe, FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
About the opportunity
Freewheel is hiring a New York-based Inventory and Yield Analyst to join the Trading and Yield team.
This is the perfect role if you like analyzing business problems from a portfolio perspective and enjoy the satisfaction of being able to connect the dots to technical solutions, and you
- Want to become an expert in the business and technology behind the future of television.
- Are looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial working environment that's a leader in the television advertising industry.
- Support pricing and ad inventory availability inquiries from Freewheel's sales team using proprietary and third-party data and tools.
- Create and maintain internal documentation and process on media products, packaging options, and rate cards of ad products.
- Collaborate closely with sales, product, ad operations, supply and analytics teams to help drive initiatives to support an efficient marketplace such as daily margin reporting, monitoring of spikes in inventory, etc.
- Analyze and optimize Freewheel Markets' campaigns and network from a portfolio perspective and make recommendations for yield, net revenue and gross margin improvements.
- Coordinate closely with advertiser and publisher facing teams to document market needs that will help with priorization of efforts across the organization and RACI development.
- Plans and executes multiple projects involving all aspects of businessintelligence solutions and data, including business intelligenceanalysis and data exploitation.
- Takes business intelligence to the next level to support businessdecisions and recommend best practices and policy in businessintelligence implementation, maintenance, and data quality.
- Contributes to a variety of projects related to development, testing,and implementation of new and modified business intelligence systems inan efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Leads analysis and recommendations relating to organization'soptimization and testing efforts.
- Customizes business intelligence report contents and views usingExcel, Access, and other tools to meet the requirements of internalbusiness customers.
- Works with team and customers to define business requirements, resolvetechnical issues, and provide training.
- Works cross-functionally to implement key projects. Interfaces withother departments to leverage data for their respective business needs.
- Tracks web site usage using Omniture and other web tracking tools.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in mattersof significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 3 years of experience working in Digital Advertising with a focus on Pricing, Planning and/or Yield Management.
- Strong familiarity with the competitive landscape and operational models of Ad Serving Companies, Supply Side Platforms (SSPs), Demand Side Platforms (DSPs), Media Agencies, and Trading Desks.
- Ability to connect the dots between functions, identify areas for operational improvements through quantitative analysis, and drive implementation of recommendations.
- Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills required. Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to multi-task and have a problem-solving mentality under a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, mathematics, statistics, science, or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Life is short. Work someplace great.
FreeWheel offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we're not. We have fun every day because we love what we do. We are on a mission to shape the future of television and this is your chance to be part of it. Want to join the team that's already thinking about what TV is going to look like five years from now?
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer