Capgemini AWS Data Engineer - Life Sciences in New York, New York
About Capgemini Quaero360
Quaero360 provides a view into the patient experience as they move through the treatment lifecycle. Producing actionable insights allows our clients to remove barriers to patients getting on therapy and to measure if their actions are improving the patient experience. Our Insights Driven Approach (IDA) to tracking brand, patient, market and operations insights manages the intake, processing and delivery of data in a HIPAA compliant (de-identified) fashion and visualizes the insights leveraging our Quaero360 platform. Specialty Channel Insights is an independently operated business line within the MALS market unit with 30 million in revenue. We have seen year over year growth since the inception of the practice.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
About Our Culture
Capgemini is a dynamic company that looks for team members to grow with us. We are committed to supporting you to GET THE FUTURE YOU WANT. That is our commitment to every employee. Capgemini offers a generous total rewards package, including flexible hours, autonomy, transparency, and a diverse and inclusive culture. With 11 Employee Resource Groups, we are committed to supporting your causes and getting involved in your community to help make it better. We have an electrical spirit and encourage professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Capgemini employee shares one inspired mission: To be bold; to be YOU.
Join us to get the future you want!
Quaero360 Team is seeking an outstanding AWS Data Engineer to join the AWS Modernization Team. The Quaero360 Data Analytics practice provides a view into the patient experience as they move through the treatment lifecycle. Producing actionable insights allows our clients to remove barriers to patients getting on therapy and to measure if their actions are improving the patient experience. Our Insights Driven Approach (IDA) to tracking brand, patient, market and operations insights manages the intake, processing and delivery of data in a HIPAA compliant (de-identified) fashion and visualizes the insights leveraging our Quaero360 platform.
The AWS Data Engineer should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets, across a variety of data platforms. You should have excellent business and communication skills to work with business owners to understand data requirements, and to build ETL to ingest the data into the data lake. You should be an expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low-cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data lake. Above all, be passionate about working with vast data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive growth.
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field
• 5 years of relevant employment experience
• 5 years of work experience with ETL, Data Modeling, and Data Architecture in AWS Cloud Platform
• Expert-level skills in writing and optimizing SQL
• Experience building Data Lake/Lakehouse Data Platforms using AWS Serverless architecture
• Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop/Hive/Spark
• Solid Linux skills
• Experience operating very large data warehouses or data lakes
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working in technical data analysis, data science, or data warehousing, with proven business analysis experience
• Strong understanding of Entity-Relationship models
• Experience working with large data sets, data preparation and data formats (structured, unstructured, semi-structured)
• Hands-on experience with programming languages, such as SQL, PL/SQL, Python , PySpark and Databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL
• Hands on experience in AWS Cloud services to ingest Structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data – Data Ingestion from SFTP, API, Streaming sources, Database etc.
• Experience implementing Data Lake using S3 buckets, Glue, SNS, SQS, SES, Lambda, Batch, Step Function, Athena, Data Catalog, Data Brew, Sagemaker, Elastic Views, Kinesis, etc.
• Experience configuring ETL pipeline using AWS Lake Formation with Governed Tables
• Implement platform MVP and conduct POC using AWS cloud services, document the findings in the Enterprise Architecture Portal
• Experience developing ingestion patterns – Streaming APIs, RESTful services, ETL/ELT, Files (Parquet, JSON, AVRO) using Python, Pyspark (Serverless Architecture)
• Experience developing Data standardization, Data Validation framework using Python, Pyspark, UDF, DataBrew
• Sound knowledge of Data Lake architecture, Traditional Data Warehouse, Data Mart and Lakehouse architecture
• Data modeling experience – Relational, dimensional and NoSQL (JSON) for data aggregation and Data Analytics
• Experience in any of the leading Visualization tools – Qlik Sense- preferred, Tableau, Power BI
• Experience in developing RESTful Data services using Lambda, AWS API Gateway
• AWS Certified Data Analytics - Specialty Certification preferred
• Expertise in ETL optimization, designing, coding, and tuning big data processes using Apache Spark or similar technologies
• Experience with building data pipelines and applications to stream and process datasets at low latencies
• Show efficiency in handling data - tracking data lineage, ensuring data quality, and improving discoverability of data
• Sound knowledge of distributed systems and data architecture (lambda)- design and implement batch and stream data processing pipelines, knows how to optimize the distribution, partitioning, and MPP of high-level data structures
Additional Preferred Experience:
• Knowledge of Engineering and Operational Excellence using standard methodologies
• Elicit business and systems/data requirements from business users and subject matter experts
• Lead the development of common standards and tools for documenting requirements, rules and data specifications
• Manage and design the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata
• Map functional and business requirements to data specifications
• Perform gap analysis for current and future state requirements and/or data specifications/interfaces
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Software Engineers perform requirements analysis. They then design, develop or maintain the physical application (components) or the application environment, based on the Software Architecture (models and principles). Activities include coding, integrating, implementing, installing or changing frameworks and standard components, or technical and functional application management. A Software Engineer also develops languages, methods, frameworks and tools, and/or undertakes activities in support of server-based databases in development, test and production environments.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an experienced Software Engineer. You have received training and mastered at least one technology environment. You are good at elaborating technology areas and have an ability to position them within the scope of an overall project. You are a member of at least one community.
• Qualification: 3-7 years (2 years min relevant experience in the role) experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have or seeking SE Level 1.
• Should have progressing knowledge in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering, Testing, Data Management, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
A global leader in consulting, technology, services, and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of client’s opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital, and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 300,000 team members in over 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant -http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Organization: NA AS
Title: AWS Data Engineer - Life Sciences
Location: NY-New York
Requisition ID: 060690
- Capgemini Jobs