Field Clinical Specialist: New York City
As one of the worlds leading manufacturers of cardio- and endovascular medical devices, BIOTRONIK is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and represented in over 100 countries by its global workforce. The work of our committed, highly specialized, exceptionally skilled employees results in crucial advancements in the world of cardiology and changes the lives of patients every day.
BIOTRONIK islooking to add to our Field Clinical Specialist team in New York City. The Field Clinical Specialist (FCS) will provide technical and clinical support to Sales Representatives within a defined geographical boundary. The FCS will be the technical support person for Biotronik Sales Representatives and be responsible for covering all bradycardia and tachycardia product segments. The FCS shall be on call 24 hours per day up to five days per week; weekend call rotation schedule is to be determined by Regional Sales Director. The FCS professionally represents Biotronik and provides education, follow-up services, implant services, in service training, and other related services as necessary to sales force, physicians and other cardiac pacing-related professionals. The FCS will report through the Regional Sales Director and take general instructions from local sales representatives for day to day activities.
|Your Responsibilities ||Your Profile |
- Travel within a designated territory. Cross-over coverage during emergencies may be necessary.
- Provide pacemaker & ICD follow-up to Biotronik patients and physician customers on demand.
- Provide pacemaker & ICD implant support within area of geographic responsibility on demand.
- Provide in service training to physician, nursing and technical hospital staff on demand.
- Train sales representatives in cardiac pacing, Biotronik products and competitor products using materials provided by the training department.
- Provide technical and administrative support when required for clinical studies and scientific studies. This may include collection of patient data, support clinical sites and/or patient support.
- Poses strong administrative skills to insure all necessary paper work associated with implant or follow-up or associated with data collection for clinical/scientific studies is correct.
- Maintain a competent and current level of knowledge in cardiac pacing, defibrillators and electrophysiology in general.
- Maintain a comprehensive product and technical knowledge of all BIOTRONIK bradycardia and tachycardia products.
- The FCS should be tachycardia implant certified and be competent in all aspects of ICD implant and follow-up. FCS candidates that are not certified must demonstrate technical proficiency and implant certification within six months of hire date.
- Maintain North American Society of Pacing & Electrophysiology (IBHRE) certification. FCS that are not certified must become certified within two years of hire date.
- Maintain a comprehensive product and technical knowledge of competitive products including features, functions and benefits.
- Assist the sales representative when working within a specific sales territory by reporting competitive activities observed, customer product use patterns or anything else that may assist the sales representative or AVP in the administration of their duties.
- Evaluate sales and service representatives after each visit by completing a clinical weekly report form.
- Provide on-call coverage 24 hours per day and up to 5 days per week. Weekend call schedules shall rotate equally between FCS and local sales representatives. Scheduling is the responsibility of the Director of Sales. The FCS must carry a pager and be available at all times when on call.
- Provide implant and follow-up coverage to Sales Representatives when he/she is unavailable or in training.
- Report to Area Sales Director or Vice President of Sales on a daily basis with an update of activities.
- Arrange travel through home office, Salem Travel, and Sales Representatives in a timely manner (one to two week advance for airline tickets is preferred).
- Complete expense reports on a weekly basis and send to home office.
- The FCS may be required to travel and provide implant support anywhere within the Area Sales Director's defined sales territory.
- Out of town travel is expected to be no more than 30%.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Nursing, Physiology, Biology or Bio-Engineering. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience working in cardiac cath lab, ep lab or pacing business with specific emphasis on pacemaker and ICD support.
- Pacemaker implantation and/or follow up experience.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of the Company.
Are you interested? Please apply online! We are looking forward to welcoming you.
Location: New York City | Working hours: Full-time
Apply now under: www.biotronik.com/careers
Job ID: 27973 | Contact: Amanda Willott
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity