Kyndryl, Inc. Systems Administrator-UNIX Operating Systems Solaris in New Delhi, India
Your Role and Responsibilities
Your Role and Responsibilities :
As Solaris Administrator, you are responsible for installation, implementation, customization, operation, recovery and performance tuning with proven knowledge of the fundamental concepts and technologies associated with Solaris Operating Systems.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, Kyndryl provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can.
• Install and maintain all Solaris server hardware and software systems and administer all server’s performance, utilization and ensure availability for same Prepare program-level, user-level documentation on an as-needed-basis
• Maintenance and repair of Power systems including hardware and operating systems software support
• Main interface to customers for the coordination of hardware and/or software support and delivery of technical services
• Accountable to ensure high level of customer happiness with service delivery
• To review Backup reports and Initiate actions on backup failure against specific documentation. Implement changes, perform security related tasks, identify and recommend improvements to existing processes and procedures
• Craft a service performance, usage report and respond to issue requests
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Maintaining and Installation of SUN SPARC Servers.
*Maintaining and Installation of Oracle ZFS Storage.
*Installation, Administration Troubleshooting and Maintenance of Solaris (8,9& 11) Operating systems.
*Patching on all Solaris (8,9,10 and 11) with Sun cluster and VCS.
*Configuration of APACHE web server Solaris and Linux in both standalone and Cluster environment
*Creating and extending Volume Group and file systems in both standalone and Cluster environment in Solaris.
*Troubleshooting and fixing the all sudo issues in all operating systems (solaris,aix,linux,Hp-unix)
*Working and troubleshooting in VERITAS volume manager and VERITAS cluster issues.
*Creating Users, Groups locally and centrally in NIS and LDAP servers and working user security settings, home directories and password administering in Solaris, Aix, Hp-Unix and Linux.
*Installing, upgrading and patching the Solaris servers.
*Doing Solaris servers Decommission.
*VERITAS cluster - Monitoring servers, Starting and Stopping Cluster Services, moving resource groups across the nodes, increasing file system in cluster file system, synchronizing cluster resources and cluster verification.
*Creating and Deleting new cluster service groups , resources.
Expert level experience with Solaris server performance monitoring, kernel tuning and troubleshooting
*Worked Experience on ticketing tools Remedy, Managenow.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Working knowledge of OS clustering, partitioning, virtualization and storage administration, integration with operating systems
• Demonstrated expertise in UNIX - Solaris and Linux VERITAS clustering, VXVM implementation
• You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
• Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
• Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
• Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publication
Required Education Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Education Master's Degree
State / Province DELHI
City / Township / Village New Delhi
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary job category Technical Specialist
Role ( Job Role ) Systems Administrator
Employment Type Full-Time
Contract type Regular
Position Type Early Professional
Travel Required No Travel
Company (Y030) Kyndryl Solutions Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position? No
- Kyndryl, Inc. Jobs