Actalent Process Engineer - Plastics & Rubber in New Bedford, Massachusetts
• Utilize company data acquisition sources to evaluate processes and suggest/implement improvements.
• Plan and develop experimental test programs.
• Confer with management and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production process improvements.
• Evaluate and approve design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
• Research and analyze data such as: customer design proposals and specifications to determine feasibility and costs.
• Evaluate, test and implement alternate product according to specifications and quality standards.
• Direct and coordinate fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
• Design projects must be managed to specific phases or aspects such as: input, output, verification, and validation.
• Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or equivalent in quantifiable rubber/plastic related processing experience.
• Exposure and understanding of Automotive, Aerospace and Industrial Quality Standards.
• Six Sigma, continuous improvement, or other problem-solving methodology is necessary for true solution implementation. Experience with lean manufacturing methods is beneficial.
• Project management skills, strong organizational skills and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of urethane products, a plus.
• SAP and CAD experience is a plus.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Actalent Jobs