Actalent Manager For Process Engineering in New Bedford, Massachusetts
Manage and direct the Process Engineering group toward its primary technological objectives based on manufacturing processes and profitability goals by performing the following duties or through appropriate delegation
• Plan and formulate engineering program and organize project staff according to project requirements
• Assigns project personnel to specific phases or aspects of projects
• Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods
• Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods
• Estimates production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions
• Develops and write equipment specifications, performance requirements, cost analysis proposals for the implementation of new technical projects or product lines
• Creates technical budgets, allocates resources, and determines project deadlines
• Maintains an effective system of communication with other departments, including sales, accounting, and operations to provide technical support
• Represents the organization with major customers including support of customer concerns
• Apply best manufacturing practices throughout the process
Bachelor’s degree or greater in an engineering field required.
7+ years or equivalent experience with engineering in a manufacturing environment.
Proven ability to work with and direct a multi-functional team.
Lean Manufacturing tool knowledge and experience is preferred.
Demonstrated ability to utilize problem solving tools.
Evidence of Six Sigma training and implementation is preferred.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Actalent Jobs