Vanderbilt University Medical Center Research Assistant I in Nashville, Tennessee
Research Assistant I - 2112350
Job : Research
Primary Location : TN-Nashville-Medical Center North (MCN)
Organization : PMI Molecular Pathogenesis 104506
Shift: : First Shift
Research Assistant I needed with a positive attitude, analytical thinking skills, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic to join a laboratory in the Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology.
Position Shift: Days/Non-Exempt. Seeking candidate able to fulfill 2 year commitment in research.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children’s Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
· Healthcare’s Most Wired: Among the nation’s 100 “most-wired” hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
· Becker’s Hospital Review: named as one of the “100 Great Hospitals in America”, in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
· The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children’s hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
· American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
· Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
· National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
· Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
The preferred applicant will have had experience in molecular biology, microbiology, and/or working with animals.
Provide, under direct supervision, support for specified research projects; collect, assess, and communicate data/results.
Assist in general laboratory operation and inventory.
Duties will include:
Preparation of standard buffers and common use reagents
Generation of recombinant DNA reagents needed for preparation of site-directed mutants and strains
Expression and purification of proteins
Execution of cell-based functional assays.
Qualifications - External
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year experience
A Bachelor's degree in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, or Biology related discipline is preferred. Some lab experience is preferred, although training will be provided.
Req ID: 2112350
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center Jobs