Lockheed Martin Software Engineer (Mid-level) in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description: At Lockheed Martin's Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) business in Moorestown, NJ, we are working on many exciting defense programs and developing groundbreaking products and applications to meet the complex and evolving needs of our customers!
A major portion of our work includes writing robust software and firmware applications and doing some very impressive modeling and simulations for these exciting and critical programs. We are currently looking to fill Software Engineer roles on the Mission Planner DevSecOps Engineering Team.
The Software Engineer will contribute to a wide variety of projects as our business needs evolve. The work may include requirements gathering, applications development, GUI development, software testing and debugging, scientific applications development and modeling & simulations development.
The core responsibility for this role will be:
- To develop software using Java and/or C++
- Coding in/and using related development tools and environments will be the major focus for this role
- Take ownership for increasingly difficult tasks, complete them on schedule and document and present the results
Additionally, you will be given opportunities to gain knowledge and experience in System Engineering to become a T-Shaped Engineer in Mission Planner DevSecOps organization. This may include tasking like algorithmic design, data analysis, requirement development and software integration & test.
*Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance to be considered for this position*
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or closely related technical field
- Minimum two years of relevant software engineering experience
- Experience with design and development of software using C++ and/or Java
- MS level degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or closely related technical field
- Experience working in a DevSecOps environment
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with Object-Oriented Design
- Experience with Jira, Git, Bitbucket, Crucible and/or Confluence
- Experience with scripting or test automation using Python and/or JUnit
- Demonstrated interest and ability to learn new tools and technologies and successfully leverage those to successfully complete projects in a timely manner
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs