Honeywell Sr Product Stewardship Specialist in Morris Plains, New Jersey
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our distributed team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Sr Product Stewardship Specialist, provides expert product stewardship guidance and leadership to businesses and technology developers regarding compliance with US FDA and EPA programs and other regulations in the areas of existing and new chemical registration, food, drug and device regulations, product safety, product footprint, and sustainable design. The Sr Product Stewardship Specialist is a key team member of Product Stewardship and Toxicology Leadership Team to drive sustainable growth. As such, the Sr Product Stewardship Specialist must possess technical skill and demonstrate the business acumen needed to support critical business.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
· Develops and implements programs to achieve full compliance with US FDA (food, drug and device regulations) and other similar registration and/or notification schemes across the globe, including developing sound working relationships with service providers.
· Extensive knowledge about regional regulations and industry standards
· Anticipate, communicate, and manage regulatory changes with respect to existing regulations that may impact existing product lines and benefit new product introduction.
· Identify and communicate compliance with emerging regulations in the areas of sustainability, food, drug and device regulations, product safety, product footprint, and sustainable design.
· Collaborate with regional counterparts to manage emerging issue identification process.
· Provide expert guidance to business, particularly in the field of regulated space, and implement appropriate compliance plans, including test plans, simulation models and other tools to support organic growth and new product development initiatives
· Identify and manage risks early in the product life cycle. Understand potential product use and misuse (occupational, consumer, etc.) and work across the function to complete appropriate risk assessments.
· Work with the businesses to develop and manufacture products that can be made, used and disposed of safely.
· Manage responses to customer enquiries regarding product safety and regulatory compliance.
Bachelor’s in engineering, chemistry, health/medical sciences, toxicology, regulatory affairs, or related technical discipline.
Minimum of 10 years of experience in Product Stewardship/Regulatory Affair
Demonstrated capability to work within the following regulatory areas:
· US FDA and US EPA programs
· Regulated space subject matter expertise – pharma, medical devices, food contact, food additives
· Knowledge of GHS/CLP
· Knowledge of toxicology
· Emerging regulation identification
Master’s degree and/or PhD preferred
Excellent leadership, project management and team building skills; with a proven track record of achieving extraordinary results.
Willingness and ability to work effectively in a large multi-national matrix organization. Travel as needed.
Highly developed interpersonal and communications skills.
Demonstrated knowledge of industry standards such as ISO, OECD Guidelines, and various UN Frameworks and Guidelines.
Ability to address/influence a wide range of cultures, disciplines and levels within the organization.
Experience in business development
Work to the highest levels of integrity.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs