Jack Link's Assistant Plant Manager in Minong, Wisconsin
When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We're not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It's in our DNA. We've turned a family recipe into a new snacking category. And the wilderness into the world's largest meat snack business, that's still proudly family owned and operated.
We're a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link's Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground. To realize our vision of becoming the World’s #1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Jack Link's Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s Protein Snacks also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. The company is made up of over 4,000 passionate team members, across 11 countries, who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products and feeding the journey of those who move things forward. The Jack Link’s Protein Snacks portfolio of brands includes, Jack Link’s, Lorissa’s Kitchen, MATADOR Jerky, BiFi and Peperami.
Join Jack Links as the Assistant Plant Manager in Minong, WI. Relocation assistance provided. The Plant Manager will have a key role in the execution of the strategic management, short and long-term business planning, financial budgeting process, and profit and loss control of all value streams within the plant. This position will report directly to the Plant Manager.
Specific responsibilities of the position will include the following items listed below.
• Cultivating and ensuring a safe working environment for all Team Members.
• Exemplify and model Jack Link’s Values. •
· Be fully committed to the training, development, and retention of all Team Members within the plant.
· Manage the daily operations of the Plant with a focus on team member and food safety
· Ensure daily production planning is in accordance with supply chain needs
· Communicate and resolve all quality and production issues with appropriate team members
· Support quality standards, inventory accuracy and production planning schedules
· Ensure effective resource allocation and use of equipment
· Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve plant and company objectives
· Collaborate and oversee other levels of the organization
· Monitor variations in production process and report to Quality
· Review / monitor monthly operations budget and discuss budget overruns
· Adhere to food safety policies and all government food safety and sanitation regulations (ex. USDA, HACCP, GMP, OSHA)
· Assist in preparation of annual operation budgets and capital expenditures for plant operations in order to achieve budgets
· Maintain a high degree of competence in the areas of safety, food safety, sanitation, housekeeping, and security.
· Utilize Lean tools and principles to ensure continuous improvement in all areas of the plant. • Lead all operations related projects and activities and execute to completion.
· Work cross-functionally within the plant to meet production quality, yields goals, and metrics goals while ensuring quality of performance and product.
· Assist in the determination of staffing needs for the plant and make appropriate recommendations.
· Interpret and enforce Company policies.
· Responsible for the operations of the entire plant, in the absence of the Plant Manager.
· Complete any additional tasks and responsibilities assigned by the Plant Manager.
· Provide leadership, supervision, guidance, and support for a three shift, seven day a week manufacturing operation.
· Responsible for the direct supervision, leadership, and development of Production Managers, Supervisors, and Sanitation.
· Execute supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws.
· Interview, hire, and train Team Members.
· Address complaints and resolve problems in a timely manner.
· Monitor and appraise Team Member work performance.
· Reward, coach, counsel, and discipline Team Members.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Engineering or related field.3 -5 + years in a manager role or above in the food manufacturing industry.
· Must be experienced with GMP’s, sanitation standards and FDA/SQF requirements. Knowledge of several lines of equipment, fillers, labelers, palletizers and conveyors
· Experience with Kronos a plus. 3 years of managing groups of teams to establish and achieve production, safety, quality objectives, and continuous improvement in a high-paced manufacturing environment.
· Previous supervisory experience should include, strong facilitation, organizational, and communication skills (oral and written), strong computer skills.
· Proven leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to read and interpret documents, manuals and instructions
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
· Detail-oriented nature and ability to adapt to change
· Proficient with ERP (SAP) systems and Microsoft Office
How we do what we do is important! The principles and traditions of Jack Links have been the same since its humble beginnings: hard work, integrity and nothing artificial! Every day, we are one step closer to our vision to be the dominant global leader global leader of branded protein snacks because we live our values which are:
· Be Real: We are humble and authentic, and everyone is expected to contribute to a fun work environment
· Stewardship: We act like an owner to build, improve and protect the quality of the brand and its people
· Self-Discipline: We are accountable for our responsibilities and driven to exceed short and long-term expectations
· Speed Matters: We drive results with innovation, creativity and a clear sense of urgency
· Show Awesome Character: We are optimistic and enthusiastic while acting with honesty and integrity
· Relationship Driven: We foster collaboration with internal & external partners and respect diversity, because people matter
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to be successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is a plant / office setting with varying degrees of temperatures and noise levels. Exposure to manufacturing equipment movement and wet / slippery floors. Travel may be required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:Jack Link’s provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local law.
E-VERIFY:Jack Link’s is participant in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For information about the E-Verify program, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.