CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Project Manager - Drug Safety in Middletown, New Jersey
Project Manager - Drug Safety
Find similar career opportunities
Project Manager - Drug Safety
Category: Project Management
City: Middletown, New Jersey, United States
Position ID: J0219-1088
Employment Type: Full Time
Project Manager oversees multiple projects in Drug Safety . PM to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with established specifications, schedules, and budgets; coordinates interdepartmental functions in order to minimize delays; meets with project team members on a regular basis to review project status and plan future actions.
• 10 Years experience as Project Manager
• 5+ years of experience in Drug Safety
• 3+ years of experience in Information Technology, with progressively increasing responsibilities in delivery, project and project management
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, engineering or a related discipline
• PMP or Prince2 certification
• Experience in Pharma, Biotech industry
• Experience with PPM tools and BI management reporting
• Expertise in MS Project
• Advanced degree (MBA, Masters in Operations Research or similar discipline)
• Experience with MS Project Server PPM system
• Agile CSM certification
• Training and experience with Agile development practices
• Pharmaceutical, biotech or regulated industry experience
• Experience in a Business of IT organization
Knowledge and Experience
• Expertise in Project Management Office, SDLC and governance best practices
• Firm understanding of software development and configuration processes, including requirements gathering, analysis/design, planning, development tools/technologies, testing methodologies, release/version control, deployment management, disaster recovery planning and testing, post-production hardening, and transition to run operations
• A track record of high quality, successful, complex, on time and on budget delivery of major projects and projects
• Experience managing vendor-implemented packaged software projects
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience with both Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
• Manage conflict and roadblocks well
• Experience running status meetings and effectively holding team members accountable for status, deliverables and timely escalation of blockers
• Track record of directly addressing issues of underperformance, as well as recognizing good performance
• Experience using management reports and dashboards
• Expertise with MS Project
• Experience implementing and supporting validated systems
• Understanding of the principles of finance, accrual accounting and cost benefit analysis (e.g., capitalized and expensed costs, accruals, forecasts, opportunity costs, soft and hard dollar benefits, payback, ROI, NPV, etc.)
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
• Strong Drug Safety Experience
• Expertise on MS Projects
• Experience in managing Project financials
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.