DRT Strategies, Inc. Software Developer - Mid in MD, United States
DRT Strategies delivers expert management consulting and information technology (IT) solutions to large federal agencies, the U.S. Navy, state and local government and commercial clients in health care, technology, and the financial services industries. The three letters of our name, DRT, stand for Driving Resolutions Together, which is the core philosophy on which the company was founded. That is, we collaborate with our clients to solve their most pressing IT challenges - together.
We are problem solvers dedicated to your success, combining Fortune 500 experience with small business responsiveness. We have established a reputation with our clients as a forward-thinking consulting firm with demonstrated success in implementing solutions that lead to meaningful results. Our world-class consultants unite people to work collaboratively to achieve project goals and make your vision a reality.
As part of DRT's public health support at the CDC, this project supports the National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention (NCHHSTP). The project provides operations support through a variety of web-based applications.
The NCHHSTP software developers works with business owners, senior developers, and other public health stakeholders. Using the client's infrastructure, the developer builds and updates appplications using agency templates and guidelines. The developer works with the team and customer to understand needs and translates them into results.
• Provide technical advice and make decision that align with customer needs and requirements during the full software development life cycle, from conception, architecture, design, implementation and testing through to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
• Actively participate in technical discussions with SMEs of their equivalent level and drive solutions with clients.
• Re-write and re-engineer custom legacy applications using latest technology stack as directed by technology leaders and business units.
• Analyzes and implements functional requirements and designs, implements and test software.
• Conduct design and code reviews to ensure design principles are followed by peer developers
• Take responsibility of comprehensive unit testing to ensure code quality prior to releases.
• Collaborate with senior lead developers and provide mentoring and coaching as needed to junior developers and team members
• Monitor project progress, identify and address issues and risks promptly
• Develop high-quality software applications utilizing Java and related technologies
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and troubleshoot software defects
• Ongoing support, maintenance, and enhancements of solutions including monitoring, performance optimization, and troubleshooting per production DevSecOps procedures.
• Ensure adherence to best practices and standards in the software development process, including code reviews and quality assurance processes.
• Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years’ experience. (Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related area is preferred)
• 7+ years of solid experience with full life-cycle software development with extensive Java development experience
• Knowledge about Azure PaaS Offerings (AKS, Function Apps, Event Grid, Event Hub, Storage Account, Azure SQL, Cosmos DB)
• Experience utilizing DevOps through continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) process build tools: Git, Bitbucket, TFS, VSS Build, Jenkins, Docker, and Azure DevOps
• Experience with API Integrations (REST API, JS API, Graph API)
• Understanding of Infrastructure provisioning and Scaling
• Experience working in an Agile development team is preferred
• Superior technical documentation skills
• CI/CD best practices
• Experience with Microservices Architecture, Micro Frontends, Domain Driven Design, Behavior Driven Design, TDD, Event Driven Architecture, Design Patterns & Principals, Integration Patterns
• Knowledge of Spring Boot and Spring REST services
• Experience managing software code using Git & MAVEN
Education and Training
• BA / BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
More About DRT
DRT Strategies, Inc. (DRT) celebrates diversity and is proud to provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics, disability, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, DRT complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Powered by JazzHR