Aerotek Maintenance Mechanic in Mcpherson, Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Performs basic activities for installing, maintaining and repairing machinery, equipment and physical structures, following specifications, blueprints, manuals and schematic drawings, using hand tools, power tools, and measuring and testing instruments. This is an entry level position and will work on the guidance of supervisors and higher leveled technicians.
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
Preventative Maintenance of Equipment and Machines
• Performs preventative maintenance on building mechanical and manufacturing equipment according to checklists provided by service manuals and scheduled maintenance program, including but not limited to inspecting belts, fluid levels, replacing filters, greasing bearings, seals, etc.
• Maintains equipment serviceability by conducting periodic inspections; completing preventive maintenance requirements; identifying and repairing or replacing faulty parts.
• Installs or assists new equipment; tests equipment to ensure they are running according to manufacturers specifications.
Preventative Maintenance of Building and Plant Systems
• Performs routine preventive maintenance on building and plant systems according to checklists provided by service manuals and scheduled maintenance program.
• Monitors computer controlled plant systems to oversee water and electrical systems, chillers, heating and air conditioning, steam bay, etc.
Troubleshoot and Repair
• Receives work order requests for repairing machines and equipment; works with Supervisor to determine priority and schedule of repairs.
• Operates basic power tools to accomplish fabrication of new or converted equipment and machinery.
• Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunctions, and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors and/or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem in order to repair machine.
• Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts, following specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
• Attends meetings as required and/or assigned.
• Performs other duties as required and/or assigned
Your position may require you to perform a wide range of functions. All employees are expected to comply with the safety rules of their respective department and position, however there are general safety guidelines that all employees are expected to comply with:
• Use common sense in performing your job functions.
• Responsible to report any work injury/illness to your Supervisor.
• Responsible to report unsafe conditions to your Supervisor or Safety Manager.
• Do not use any equipment, vehicles or material when you are impaired by illness or under the influence of any substance that may affect your judgment.
• Keep your work area clean and organized.
• Responsible to use mechanical devices or request assistance in lifting heavy loads.
• Wear seat belts and/or appropriate harness when operating any company or rented vehicle and/or forklift.
• Do not use tops of machines and/or equipment for extra storage or to hold items.
• Keep aisles and/or exits clear; do not let cords interfere with walkways.
• Store all sharp objects properly when not in use.
• Open and close doors cautiously and use extra caution at blind pathway intersections.
• Report and/or clean up all spills immediately. If spilled material is hazardous, use proper hazardous spill procedures for that product.
• Use proper stepstools, platforms or ladders for climbing.
• Safe Lifting
o Use caution and proper techniques when lifting heavy objects
o Ask for help
o Only use equipment that is in good repair
o Report any equipment hazards immediately to your manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of computer programs and applications to troubleshoot equipment
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, manuals, blueprints, drawings and schematics
• Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose facility and machine problems
• Strong troubleshooting skills using test instruments
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize work schedule
• Ability to perform with superior service, reflecting a positive company image while sustaining a positive attitude with those you interact with; always going above and beyond to help others out, regardless of their position or department.
• Ability to adhere to the highest standards of quality while continually performing at the highest possible level.
Education, Certification/License & Work Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 0-4 years of building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair experience
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Troubleshooting, Maintenance technician, 480V 3 Phase, Mechanical, Electrical, Hydrualics, Pneumatics, plc troubleshooting
Top Skills Details:
Troubleshooting,Maintenance technician,480V 3 Phase,Mechanical,Electrical,Hydrualics,Pneumatics,plc troubleshooting
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs