Baffinland Iron Mine Senior Operator - Waste Water Treatment in Mary River, Territory of Nunavut
Mission for this Position
At Baffinland, we work and live beyond the Arctic Circle, mining iron ore at our Mary River Property, located in the Qikiqtani Region of Nunavut on Baffin Island; one of the world’s most captivating and seldom seen destinations. We are a unique company with a strong management who have amassed specialty experience on northern mining projects through all phases of Inuit consultation, permitting, construction and operation. Our workforce brings together the modern practice of safe, sustainable mining and the enduring value of a traditional culture, which is rapidly advancing. The result is a work and community experience you won't find anywhere else. We are looking for people ready to share, build, and grow with our company.
Supervise, be accountable for, mentor and develop a safe and efficient work force to meet maintenance schedules as provided.
Preparing equipment, parts, and components for service/maintenance.
Cleaning equipment, parts, and components.
Performing maintenance related activities & follow procedures as requested by the supervisor.
Performing routine and daily inspections of applicable equipment and work area.
Washing ice and mud off of the units to be able to safely access certain areas.
Maintaining the work area in a neat and tidy fashion.
Washing equipment when required.
Safely working around a Transport style Truck and Trailer.
Work day and night shift, be physically fit to work in arctic climate and adverse conditions.
Operating equipment as required
• Ability to work alone for small periods of time.
• Valid provincial driver’s license.
• Secondary School Diploma.
• Certification in water treatment and distribution (Levels I, II, III or IV depending on the certification level of the plant) is required
• Computer literate.
• Heavy Trucks and/or Heavy Equipment operations training certificates would be considered an asset.
• Experience working in Arctic conditions.
• Energetic, self-motivated individual.
• Mechanically inclined would be an asset.
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
• Proven track record in safe work practices.
• Language: Speak English, Read English, Write English (Inuktitut would be an asset).
• Experience in driving light vehicles is an asset.
Job ID 2023-5182
Job Category Site Services
Job Type Permanent
Job Location 1 : Location CA-NU-Mary River