Lockheed Martin Ship Production Liaison Engineer Staff in Marinette, Wisconsin
Description: Lockheed Martin is seeking a hardware engineer for the Multi-Mission Surface Combatant (MMSC) program working in Marinette, WI. The MMSC is an exciting new construction naval combatant ship being design and built for US Navy sponsored foreign military sale. This role will work on all aspects of ship detail design and construction, including design and analysis tasks, resolving time critical production issues stemming from ship design, supporting builder acceptance trials, and providing a critical interface between the Lockheed Martin engineering team and the Fincantieri Marinette Marine shipyard staff. The selected candidate will work closely with the existing LM engineering team (primarily based in Baltimore, MD) and the Small Combatant & Ship Systems Chief Engineering organization. This is an opportunity for solving challenging assignments working on a fast paced, complex ship. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in many engineering disciplines, including structures, piping, propulsion, electrical systems, and auxiliary systems.
Specific Responsibilities of the Position include:
- Act as Liaison between LM Engineering & Fincantieri Marinette Marine (FMM)
- Real time resolution of drawing or 3D modeling issues on MMSC (e.g. compare the as built ship to drawings/model, identify issues and solutions)
- Support Detailed Design & Analysis Activities of MMSC Ship Class from LM and Subcontractors
- Ship Trial Support: Including real time ship trouble shooting on mechanical and electrical systems during trials
- Provide Drawing Interpretation for FMM
- Verify as built production details as needed for remote LM Engineering staff
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure ship production is matching LM design baseline
- Support US Navy Trial Card Issue Resolution
- Candidate must possess a BS and/or MS in an engineering discipline or related field
- 7 years of professional experience in a related engineering field
- Ship Design and Construction Experience; strong background working with Naval Technical Authorities
- Reading and comprehending ship systems mechanical/electrical drawings and work specifications is a fundamental requirement/responsibility of this position.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to comprehend and work successfully with complex systems
- Candidate must be a self-starter and able to perform job function and make effective decisions with minimal oversite
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, equivalent technical discipline
- Familiarity with the US Navy Littoral Combat Ship program or/other Surface Combatant Program, specifically with construction process
- Knowledge of American Bureau of Shipping Naval Vessels Rules
- Knowledge of ship structures / welding
- Familiarity with Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical equipment operated on Naval vessels.
- Familiarity with root cause analysis & trade study processes
- Understanding of Ship Qualification Test and Procedures
- Understanding of Ship Builder and Acceptance Trails
- Understanding of Ship Design Change Management Process
- Understanding of Functional and Detailed Design Artifacts
- Previous experience with other DoD Programs and/or US Navy
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs