Lockheed Martin Facilities Engineer Senior (Level 3) in Marietta, Georgia
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: Our customers include both the U.S. Military and international governments and organizations. Our global reach and technical depth offer an endless amount of opportunities for up-and-coming engineers seeking a place to make their mark – or for seasoned engineers seeking their next career challenge. Join us and see where your Lockheed Martin Aeronautics journey will take you!
As a Facilities Engineer Project Manager (Level 3) you will plan, design, and oversee the reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, office environments and other facilities. In this role, you will:
• Be required to act as Project Manager over Facilities Engineering projects.
• Perform facilities mechanical engineering tasks in support of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC-R) systems, HVAC controls, chilled water, hot water, and steam distribution systems, plumbing and fluid systems (water, natural gas, drainage), compressed air, and fire suppression systems.
• This work will include operations and maintenance technical support, troubleshooting, and projects (such as upgrades, modifications, and renovations).
• Occasionally work odd shifts, travel, and overtime may be required.
A level 3 employee Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Marietta, GA Discover Marietta.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher education from an accredited college
• Prior experience working with industrial equipment such as one or more of the following:
- operation of pumps, motors, chillers, boilers, fans, compressors, HVAC Systems and controls
• Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with at least 3 years of experience
• Computer-Aided Drawing (CAD) experience
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
• Microsoft Office Experience
• Desire to perform engineering work in the field as well as the office
• Experience creating reports, briefings, and presentations and delivering to internal and external customers, employees, management, and executives
• Technical writing experience
• Ability to create Statements of Work (SOW)
• Knowledge of basic facilities codes such as Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and other building codes (Electrical, Plumbing)
• PMP Certification
•Knowledge of proper procedures for managing HAZMAT materials
• Experience with Reliability-Centered Maintenance (RCM) concepts, analysis, and implementation.
• Experience with predictive maintenance technology such as vibration analysis, infrared thermography, ultrasound, and/or motor circuit analysis.
• Experience working safely with low voltage systems up to and including 480 Volts Alternating Current (VAC).
• Experience using hand drafting, AutoCAD, and/or Micro-station to create facilities and mechanical drawings and drawing redlines.
• Experience writing detailed plans and procedures (operating, maintenance, test).
• Experience using project management skills, including planning/estimating, risk management, and communications management.
• Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) such as Maximo or SAP.
• Experience performing or supervising verification and validation tasks for acceptance testing in support of major facilities projects.
• Ability to effectively manage engineering change in support of Configuration Management.
• Ability to perform basic engineering analysis hand calculations for stress, flow, and heat transfer.
• Experience working with overhead cranes and power generation equipment (such as diesel generators).
• Experience working with hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
• Experience collaborating with union and non-union personnel.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and organize workload.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Must be able to climb ladders
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs