MANOR ISD Evening Custodian in MANOR, Texas
Follow routine cleaning and maintenance procedures to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of building operations and grounds.
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment and lift heavy equipment
- Ability to properly handle cleaning supplies
- Ability to read and understand instructions for cleaning, maintenance, and safety procedures
- Knowledge of minor repair techniques and building and grounds maintenance
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain a cleaning schedule that will include cleaning of floors, chalkboards, wastebaskets, windows, furniture, equipment, and restrooms.
``` - Keep school building and grounds, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, and play areas, neat and clean.
``` - Comply with local laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash.
``` - Assist in maintaining an inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment and request additional supplies as needed.
``` - Assist with lunchroom set up, including arranging tables and chairs.
``` - Perform preventive maintenance to ensure the comfort, health, and safety of students and staff.
``` - Regulate heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to provide appropriate temperatures and ensure economical usage of fuel, water, and electricity.
``` - Report building repair needs to principal or custodial supervisor.
``` - Move furniture or equipment within building as directed by principal or custodial supervisor.
``` - Assist in setting up facilities for special events.
``` - Assist with opening and closing building each school day.
``` - Follow established procedures for locking, checking, and safeguarding facilities.
``` - Check daily to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during hours of building occupancy.
``` - Inspect machines and equipment for safety and efficiency.
``` - Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
``` - Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
``` - Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
``` - Report to work in a timely manner according to assigned schedule.
``` - Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or other administrator that are consistent with the general requirements and qualifications for the position.
- Maintain professional interactions with staff, parents, community and visitors.
- Demonstrate the ability to remain calm and withstand pressures.
- Demonstrate flexibility to change in routine and adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Demonstrates respect, courteous to peers and visitors and assist fellow workers willingly.
- Avoid gossip, or speaking badly about the district and district personnel.
Buffer, wet and dry vacuum cleaner, shampooer, mop, broom, ladders, and personal computer
The working conditions described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Maintain emotional control under stress
Work with frequent interruptions
Lifting (45 pounds and over)
Carrying (45 pounds and over)
Repetitive hand motions
Work around machinery with moving parts
Exposure toelectrical hazards
Exposure to temperature extremes
Exposure to humidity extremes
Exposure to biological hazards
Exposure to chemical hazards
Work on slippery surfaces
Work prolonged or irregular hours