AdventHealth Account Representative II in Maitland, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Account Representative II – Billing Collections Denials
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Full time hours with Benefits
- Conveniently located near i-4 and Apopka expressway 414
- We have Positive values with a productive and energetic atmosphere
- Full Time/ Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Works with Insurance payers to ensure proper billing takes place on all assigned patient accounts. Depending on payer contract may be required to participate in conference calls, accounts receivable reports, compiles the issue report in order to expedite resolution of accounts.
- Works follow up report daily, maintaining established goal(s), and notifies Supervisor, of issues preventing achievement of such goal(s). Follows up on daily correspondence (denials, underpayments) to appropriately work Patient accounts.
- Assists Customer Service with Patient concerns/questions to ensure prompt and accurate resolution is achieved. Produces written correspondence to payers and patients regarding status of claim, requesting additional information, etc.
- Initiates next billing, assign appropriate follow-up and/or collection step(s), this is not limited to calling patients, insurers or employers, as appropriate. Sends initial or secondary bills to Insurance payers.
- Documents billing, follow-up and/or assign collection step(s) that are taken and all measures to resolve assigned accounts, including escalation to Supervisor/Manager if necessary.
- Processes administrative and Medical appeals, refunds, reinstatements and rejections of insurance claims with the oversight of the Supervisor and/or Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Two years of experience in a Revenue Cycle department or related areas such as registration, finance, collections, customer service, medical, or contract management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Ability to use discretion when discussing personnel/patient related issues that are confidential in nature.
Ability to be responsive to ever-changing matrix of hospital needs and act accordingly.
Typing skills equal to 20 words per minute.
Proficiency in performance of basic math functions.
Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Proficiency in Microsoft office products such as Word and Excel.
Strong analytical and research skills.
Under general supervision, is responsible for billing insurance and insurance collections and denial management in a timely manner. Remains in consistent daily communication with Team members, including new process education, disciplinary actions, Reimbursement Lead and Reimbursement Manager regarding all aspects of assigned projects. Reviews assigned electronic claims and submission reports. Examines contracts for proper reimbursement. Resolves and resubmits rejected claims appropriately as necessary. Processes daily and special reports, unlisted invoices and letters, error logs, stalled reports and aging. Reviews previous account documentation, determining appropriate action(s) necessary to resolve each assigned account. Performs outgoing calls to Patients and Insurance companies to obtain necessary information for accurate billing, collections and correction of denials. Answers incoming calls from Insurance companies requesting additional information and/or checking status of claims.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs