Progress Rail Services Corp. Sales Account Manager (Industrial Scrap) in Louisville, Kentucky
Louisville, KY Admin (PRS) - 157
Progress Rail Services Corporation, a Caterpillar Company and a leading provider of products and services to the Railroad industry in the US, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil, seeks an entry level Sales Representative for our Recycling Division. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and sustaining trading accounts.
• Seek out and develop new opportunities in the Scrap Recycling Industry that align with our long-term growth strategies;
• Manage the pipeline of all commodity movement activities;
• Submit proposal packages to the customer;
• Provide marketing intelligence for current sales and future growth;
• Develop and maintain strong customer relationship to understand and anticipate their needs;
• Manage existing accounts, meeting/exceeding key order and revenue metrics;
• Provide weekly sales updates, including tracking of all opportunities;
• Travel as needed;
• Support post-sales activities including product delivery, customer follow-up, and A/R collection.
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow us @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Education / Training:
• Bachelor Degree in Business Management, Marketing or relevant work experience.
Sales Account Manager (Industrial Scrap)
Key Job Elements:
• Follow a coherent sales strategy for each customer;
• Develop and maintain customer relationships at all levels to obtain marketing intelligence of current and future customer plans;
• Develop and communicate customer quotes, proposals, and long term contracts;
• Communicate to customers quality, cost and delivery requirements/standards;
• Work with foundry/mill requirements and future solutions;
• Understand industry dynamics, market trends, and help set company priorities;
• Provide basis for and support of materials forecast to meet customer expectations;
• Expertise in establishing value-based pricing along with competitor and market based realities;
• Support yearly sales plan;
• Support the business strategic operating plan, end of month and end of quarter goals.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Previous experience in business sales and/or sales support required;
• Prefer experience in the Scrap, Recycling Commodities industry;
• Strong sense of urgency;
• Proven track record of success in a culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance;
• Travel may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Sales & Marketing
Alternative Work Location:
Flexible work locations in Midwest Regions
Progress Rail Services Corp.
- Progress Rail Services Corp. Jobs