Kiewit Corporation Senior Estimator - Electrical in Los Angeles, California
Requisition ID: 118745
Job Level: Senior Level
Employment Type: Full Time
Mass Electric is hiring an Electrical Estimator with the ability to bring electric scope of industrial, infrastructure, and power related projects in on time and on budget throughout the Western United States.
Mass. Electric Construction Co. (MEC) is a subsidiary of the Kiewit Corporation. Since our founding in 1928 in Boston, Massachusetts, Mass. Electric Construction’s philosophy has been to pursue electrical projects that require a higher level of technical and logistical skill. MEC has organized strategically to actively participate and capture projects in the growing industrial market. We intend to effectively compete and win in traditional and alternate delivery procurements and position ourselves for a sustainable future. We self-perform the majority of our work and are looking for people committed to the industrial construction industry.
This position will be based out of our Los Angeles office.
• Provide full electrical estimating services on large, complex construction projects for bid-build, design-build, EPC projects with project values ranging from $200,000 to multibillion dollars
• Develop project estimates requiring bid information and prepare the estimates to ensure all factors are properly considered, priced, and included in the estimate summary
• Experience estimating electrical scope
• Participating in design build plan reviews and contribution to electrical scope value engineering
• Analyze, review and interpret engineering contracts, owner plans and specifications to develop an understanding and be able to produce comprehensive detailed construction estimates
• Conduct site investigation prior to forming a plan of operations to identify any problems or conditions of an unusual nature that may be present
• Use detailed construction analysis and historical costs to create accurate schedules, job cost projections/audits and constructability studies
• Manage dealings with vendors, subcontractors and/or self-perform work to make sure we are providing the best possible estimate
• Ensure estimating and proposal activities are in accordance to Mass Electric codes and standards and home office legal department opinions
• Degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or related experience
• A minimum of 5 years of experience estimating all electrical scopes of heavy industrial, infrastructure, or power related construction.
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling, cost control, specifications, and engineering drawings
• Solid experience in utilizing Estimating software (Accubid, Heavybid Bluebeam, etc.)
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Kiewit Corporation Jobs