The Salvation Army 11-180 - Facility Supervisor - CAS/Hope Harbor in Los Angeles, California
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Facility Supervisor is responsible for all facility and operational needs. The Facility Supervisor must maintain the grounds of the facility, which includes landscaping, janitorial, maintenance, transportation and kitchen supervision.
- Responsible for electrical, carpentry, plumbing, appliance repair, painting and other repairs as needed.2. Responsible for assisting the janitor in cleaning vacant dorm units. 3. Work duties include painting, minor repairs and other janitorial cleaning as needed.4. Work alongside of Property Manager to ensure that all activities are conducted in compliance with local, state, federal, housing, safety and OSHA laws.5. Responsible for maintenance work as directed by the Program Manager or as requested by staff.6. Use protective equipment when necessary and follow safety procedures.7. Communicate with staff and residents in a professional manner.8. Complete work orders manually and document as needed in the program’s computer system.9. Ability to maintain and upkeep maintenance shop for inventories on parts, tools and supplies.10. Be available for emergencies after hours.11. Must have excellent organization and customer service skills.12. Ability to handle multiple assignments and prioritize workloads.13. Provide transportation of residents and staff as needed. 14. Perform other responsibilities as assigned by Management
- High School education or the equivalent.2. At least three (3) years previous maintenance experience, preferably in a residential facility3. Must be available for after hour emergencies. 4. Must be able to work independently with little supervision.5. Must pass criminal background check and have a good driving record.6. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Must be culturally sensitive and non-judgmental.2. Knowledge and sensitivity regarding issues of homelessness.3. Ability to work with diverse populations in a caring, sensitive, and non-judgmental manner.4. The ability to read, write, speak and understand English.5. CPR/First Aid Certification.
- High School or Equivalent or better
- 3 years: Experience in maintenance-focused position
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)