Autodesk Senior Software Developer, Open Standards in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition ID #
The Autodesk Rendering team is looking for a software developer. Be part of a team that develops industry-leading digital content creation packages and help customers create the films and TV shows that you love to watch, and the games that you love to play.
You will work on a wide variety of product areas and technologies while developing core software infrastructure, user-facing features, API enhancements, as well as troubleshooting and resolving technical issues. Develop and grow your skills through exposure to various VFX and Games technologies, open-source initiatives, language integrations and APIs (e.g., USD, MaterialX, OCIO). In addition to coding, you will be contributing to technical design and other aspects of the software development lifecycle.
Join us in our inspiring industrial space in Old Montreal or in London's West End, Covent Garden. At Autodesk, you will work within an inclusive culture that advocates and celebrates diversity, and offers competitive salaries, generous health benefits, exciting career growth opportunities, and great work-life balance.
· Develop high quality code and collaborate on technical designs
· Work with a cross-functional, agile team to understand and refine functional requirements
· Ensure new code conforms to standards and meets feature specifications
· Participate in peer code reviews
· Write and maintain automated tests to ensure that software is stable and reliable
· 3-5 years of relevant software development experience
· Motivated to work in a cross-functional team environment
· Strong technical troubleshooting skills
· Experience with high-level programming languages (e.g., C++, Rust, D, Java, etc.)
· Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python, Lua, etc.)
· Knowledge of at least 1 of OpenGL, WebGL, DirectX, Vulkan, or Metal
· Understanding of spoken and written English
· Cross-platform development experience (Windows, Linux, OS X)
· General knowledge of 3D modeling, animation and rendering applications
· Familiarity with the Agile development methodology
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers (Careers%20%3Ccareers@autodesk.com%3E) .
*From the greenest buildings to the cleanest cars, from the smartest factories to the biggest stories, amazing things are created every day with Autodesk. Over four decades we’ve worked together with our customers to transform how things are made, and in doing so, we’ve also transformed what can be made. A car’s performance now inspires the method of its manufacture, a city’s infrastructure helps predict the unpredictable, and the creation of ever-bigger universes shapes ever-bigger stories. *
Today our solutions span countless industries empowering innovators everywhere. But we’re restless to do more. We don’t believe in waiting for progress, we believe in making it. By combining and recombining technologies. By blurring boundaries, reinventing rules, and merging fields. By unleashing talent and unlocking insights across industries. By helping our customers converge on solutions to the challenges we all face today. At Autodesk, we believe that when you have the right tools to work and think flexibly you have the power to transform what actually needs making. The power to design and make a better world for all.
- Autodesk Jobs