Waste Management Area Director Public Sector Sales in Lombard, Illinois
Area Director Public Sector Sales
Location:Chicago area (ideal), Kansas City, or St. Louis
/(This is posted in all three of these locations. Please only apply to ONE of them.)/
/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
*I. Job Summary*
Responsible for the development and execution of all strategic aspects of Public Sector Services within the Area, including, but not limited to, growth, retention, price and other service expansions.
*II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for representing the voice of the customer. Collaborates with operations and community relations to meet our public sector customer expectations.
- Provides respected thought leadership, supporting Area Vice President and Area Leadership Team with critical input, aligned to Area goals and mission.
- Owns the strategy and overall sales and retention effectiveness of public sector sales and residential representatives.
- Develops functional sales managers/supervisors to better lead and develop the team.
- Identifies opportunities to expand Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers.
- Understands all aspects of competitive landscape in order to provide market assessment and implement appropriate sales strategies and related tactics.
- Solves both commonly encountered and complex issues. Ensures investigation and resolution of matters on behalf of management.
- Develops and implements management policies or operating practices. Carries out major assignments in conducting the operations of the business.
- Collaborates with a team to develop ideas to improve existing methods, services, products, processes, and/or procedures.
- Researches and reads extensively in order to learn corporate, group and area objectives, understand key industry issues, and spot industry related news stories that provide opportunities to advance the interests of the company.
- Responds to press inquiries by either by selecting the appropriate company authority and briefing them on issues and suggesting answers, or responding as a company spokesman.
- Hires and directs the work of a public relations company or freelance staff for large, critical projects as needed.
*III. Supervisory Responsibilities*
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 12 full-time employees
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Public Relations, Business Administration or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Experience: Ten (10) years of previous experience including at least three (3) years managing a team of two of more individuals (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Leadership potential including ability to influence up, down, and across the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive initiative to drive price, growth and/or service expansion opportunities in the Area.
- Demonstrated ability of hiring and developing talented individuals both within Public Sector and/or throughout the Area.
*V. Work Environment*
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job may include one or more of the following: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply".
Title: Area Director Public Sector Sales
Requisition ID: 22001005
- Waste Management Jobs