Lockheed Martin Materials and Process Engineer-Staff in Littleton, Colorado
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? For over 100 years Lockheed Martin has been designing, building, fielding and supporting some of the most advanced technology in the skies and on the ground.
Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a Materials and Processes Engineer you’ll work on a broad range of projects, in both a laboratory and manufacturing environment, that will challenge you to learn and grow in your career. Working side by side with designers, test and manufacturing engineers, you’ll use your education, experience and growing expertise to develop and evaluate new and innovative technology to survive in the most hostile of environments.
In this role you will:
• Perform Materials and Processes (M&P) technical engineering assignments
• Troubleshoot problems and find innovative solutions
• Prepare technical and progress reports on assigned tasks, prepare specifications, evaluate suppliers and analyze test reports. Present this information to Customers, subcontractors, and internal LM stakeholders
• Lead technical projects and conduct meetings with internal engineering teams, Customer representatives and external suppliers to meet program objectives
• Review, and critique M&P technical documentation for application at LM and subcontractors. Recommend and ensure that corrective action is implemented when needed.
• Coordinate with other disciplines such as Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering, and Procurement
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
We're looking for:
• A self-starter who develops solutions to technical issues
• A motivated individual who's able to work closely within a geographically diverse team to resolve technical issues
• Someone with the ability to handle shifting priorities, multiple projects and timeline pressure to meet deadlines
• Someone comfortable with communicating in a variety of forums including supplier interface
• The ability to work with management and program representatives at several levels
• Technical leadership of small teams or projects
• Proven ability to communicate key project information or recommendations to Program management and /or Customers
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Materials or process related background and/or field of study with a focus in aerospace material applications
• Formal coursework, training, experience and/or knowledge of aerospace system design, manufacturing processes, assembly, integration, and testing.
• Experience with electronic, mechanical, optical and/or thermal applications of materials and the applied manufacturing processes
• Experience with Material Review Board processes and Quality tracking systems (Q-note/Non-conformance system)
• Experience with manufacturing work instructions for processes in electronic, component/part, mechanical and/or materials fabrication
• A basic awareness of reliability/analysis models as applied to assemblies, such as solder fatigue, torque calculations, safety factors, part and material derating, etc.
• TS/SCI security clearance required prior to start.
• Understanding of material properties definitions
• Experience reviewing engineering drawings and/or specifications and providing guidance to design, manufacturing and stress engineers
• Knowledge of Materials and Processes for product development, improvement, design, application and production
• Demonstrated experience with electronics selection and qualification for engineering applications
• Work experience using electronics specifications (i.e., MIL-STD, AMS, etc.)
• Non-conformance and failure analysis disposition experience
• Experience with high temperature materials and electronics applications
• Experience establishing and implementing technical requirements (specifications, program plans/requirements, etc.)
• Knowledge of environmental and operational requirements for materials in space or missile applications (oxidation, thermal growth, damage tolerance, temperature dependent behavior, etc.)
• Knowledge of general materials including metals, composites, polymers, or ceramics
• Ability to outline failure analysis tasks related to failure of composite components
• Work experience leading project teams and independently resolving issues related to composites and composite manufacturing
• Experience working collaboratively with customers and teammates
• Influencing corporate and industry standards
• Experience with Electronic Aerospace Systems
• Good writing, communication and interpersonal skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs