CommonSpirit Health Appointment Scheduler in LINCOLN, Nebraska
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives! (http://catholichealthinitiatives.org/find-a-career)
Under direct supervision, Receptionist is responsible for performing a variety of general administrative support duties associated with the patient intake process and performs routine duties within the clinic.
Additional responsibilities for this health care role include:
Perform patient check-in at the time of visit and completes all paperwork necessary to ensure the admitting process is efficient and all clinic and regulatory policies are in compliance.
• Answer phone calls and direct them appropriately.
• Schedule appointments according to office guideline.
• Obtain accurate patient and insurance information, collecting copays (TOS) and deductible amounts.
• Copy/scan patient access related hardcopy materials (e.g. ID, referrals, insurance cards, etc.) into the correct location in the electronic medical record.
• Prepare charts for patient appointments making sure all necessary information is complete.
• Conduct all functions associated with patient check-out including pricing services, collecting patient responsibility payments and scheduling follow-up appointments.
• Perform duties involving record filing and retrieval and assisting with the filing of registration documentation in electronic medical records.
• Confirm next day appointments and alerts patients as to what documentation is needed, including details associated with time-of-service payment.
• Follow up with patients regarding the Missed Appointment Policy and send out the appropriate communications.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required
Knowledge of insurance authorization/billing requirements. Demonstrate strong customer service and communication skills. Organizational and time management skills. Proficient computer skills. Knowledge of clinic procedures and regulatory requirements. Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism. A team player who handles multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our faith-based health system.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
Join one of our Talent Communities (https://careers-commonspirit.icims.com/connect?back=intro&in_iframe=1&hashed=-435626305) to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Requisition ID 2021-156618
Employment Type Full Time
Department Family Practice Clinic
Hours / Pay Period 80
Standard Hours Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Facility / Process Level : Name CHI Health Physician Network
Equal Opportunity CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- CommonSpirit Health Jobs