Parker Hannifin Corporation Quality Manager in Lee's Summit, Missouri
MO-Lee's Summit, United States
Group: Filtration Group N. America
Job Family: Quality
Job ID: 15534-1A
< Return to Search Results
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $14.3 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2019, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
- Communicates customer, regulatory and organizational requirements to assure product quality, contract compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Oversees the effective documentation and implementation of the quality management system to assure compliance with customer and regulatory requirements and the standards set by corporate /division policies.
- Works with Business Unit leadership to ensure that individuals performing functions affecting quality are trained and demonstrate the appropriate skills and performance results.
- Coordinates Necessary Business Unit personnel for internal, customer and third party quality system audits.
- Maintains a corrective action system to analyze and correct nonconforming conditions and complaints.
- Implements the performance measurements necessary to effectively evaluate organizational performance and trends in product quality, services, customer satisfaction and the cost of poor quality. Uses the results of performance evaluation to target improvement efforts.
- Collaborates with Supply Chain on the development and implementation of a supplier management strategy.
- Assess supplier capabilities and monitor supplier quality to ensure desired levels of performance.
- Collaborates with Engineering on new product development and design review for quality /reliability issues.
Position Summary: Provide leadership and management for the quality function and sustain the quality philosophy and lean culture for the business unit. Establish, maintain and optimize an effective quality management system. Create and implement a quality plan to achieve the levels of quality established through organizational goals, customer expectations, related stakeholders and market competition. Enhance and improve the Business Unit’s products and services through the implementation of ISO 9001, problem-solving tools, prevention methods, quality-at-the-source and continual improvement techniques.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction: Reports to the Business Unit General Manager. Interacts routinely with all Business Unit functional areas as well as with customers, field sales, regulatory agencies, group/corporate management, and suppliers.
- B.S. Degree in an Engineering or related discipline.
- 5-7 years of Quality, Engineering or related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of International Standard ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems is mandatory.
- Certification by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) as a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB), or Certified Quality Manager (CQMgr) is preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and quality technologies.
- Experience with quality improvement tools and techniques (i.e., Lean, Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, and Failure Mode & Effects Analysis).
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, facilitation and problem -solving skills.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
Additional Comments: The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf and http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocgina_supplement.pdf