Aston Carter Senior Project Accountant in Lake Oswego, Oregon
A leading Commercial General Contractor is looking to add a Senior Project Accountant to their growing team.
Title: Senior Project Accountant
Pay: $75,000 - $80,000
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Length: permanent/direct hire
Work Environment and Benefits
"BUILDING YOUR VISION." This translates to both building the physical assets our clients envision as well as building the careers of our employees In joining
You are joining a family of dedicated, hard-working professionals looking to advance their individual achievements in a forum where mentorship and achievement are rewarded with opportunity.
Client-driven company exclusively offering general construction, design-build, and pre-construction services. We are licensed in multiple states with offices in Oregon, New Mexico and Washington. Our projects vary from large scale multi-use developments to small renovations and alterations. We are a growing mid-size regional general contractor with competitive benefits including medical, dental, LTD and 401K.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Preparation and submittal of monthly project pay applications and various accompanying reports as required.
• Collection and review of subcontractor progress billings to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
• Coding and entry of General Conditions invoices.
• Collection and review of the required compliance documentation for subcontractors (includes licensing, insurance, W-9's, lien releases, certified payrolls, supplier releases, etc.).
• Administer, collect, and audit project certified payroll reports corresponding with sub tier contractors and program administrators.
• Understand terms in contracts and Subcontractor contract and apply to project pay application.
• Work with Project Managers to ensure funding is received timely in order to pay subcontractors.
• Review and approve payables weekly for payment.
• Communicate with project personnel and external vendors for project related questions and requests.
• Special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proficient knowledge of the computer, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Experience with Viewpoint Construction Management Software or similar platform.
• Must have excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and provide recommendations.
• Communicate professionally and effectively.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 4 years of previous experience in construction accounting preferred.
aia, wip, job costing, construction accounting, project accounting, viewpoint, payroll, project management, contract analysis, contract administration
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Experience working with project managers/engineers
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (%email@example.com) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
- Aston Carter Jobs