CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Devops Engineer in Lafayette, Louisiana
Category: Project Management
Main location: United States, Louisiana, Lafayette
Position ID: J0622-2232
Employment Type: Full Time
The ideal candidate is self-sufficient and intrinsically motivated to solve progressively challenging business and technical challenges. They solve problems diligently and thoroughly, and have a desire to go above and beyond to help the team succeed. This candidate is a team-player, who is quick to share credit, and prioritizes team success and wins over individual accomplishments. This candidate willingly aligns their work with the team’s goals and values. They are confident in their abilities and can contribute their ideas and skills openly and constructively.
They ask good questions, listen to what others are saying, and stay engaged in conversations intently. The ideal candidate has a strong interested in DevOps, CI/CD, installing and supporting applications and tools within the SDLC lifecycle, and is able to thoroughly troubleshoot issues. They are a continuous learner, and should also be comfortable sharing knowledge with other members on the team. This candidate is able to seek out answers to questions they may have, and also knows when to ask for assistance.
Technologies and concepts needed to be familiar with
• Continuous Integrations and Delivery (Jenkins or similar)
• Configuration scripting languages (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or similar)
• Linux servers (CentOS and RHEL)
• Enterprise application networking
• General Software Automation principles
• Containerization, Docker/K8S operation
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Develop high-quality services, participate in design discussions
• Coordinate with product and platform teams on regular maintenance, improve availability, scalability, and performance of the CI/CD environment.
• Apply and develop expertise in architecting and implementing production grade kubernetes cluster environment that provides end to end capabilities such as provisioning, configuring, networking, monitoring, logging, tuning and security compliance.
• Build, install, configure, troubleshoot multiple custom-built applications
• Deploy code and secure environments for several applications
• Participate in Kanban and/or Scrum meetings to plan, prioritize, estimate work
• Work with Developers and Testers to troubleshoot specific issues including recreating tests, validating configuration, etc.
• Enable higher-quality software services through DevOps culture and tooling
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 4-year degree in Computer Science or similar field
• 0-2 years of experience with open-source technologies, cybersecurity practices
• Configuration and Orchestration Management Tools (Example: Ansible, Jenkins)
• GIT experience or similar source control tools
• Linux operating system administration
• Virtual Infrastructure – Azure (and/or AWS Experience), VMWare
• Familiarity with Agile Software Development processes
• Atlassian tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
• Experience with microservice architecture and development
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere (https://cgi-veterans.jobs/) to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc.
- CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Jobs