Lockheed Martin Autonomy AI / ML Engineer in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a Senior AI/ML Engineer, you will support the research & development lifecycle for AI/ML technologies that enable and advance semi and fully autonomous systems for both defense and commercial customers. You will serve as the algorithm expert with up-to-date knowledge on modern AI techniques with the ability to rapidly prototype solutions. This role is also capable of supporting the software development from requirements generation through development, integration, testing, and deployment.
Key responsibilities of this position are noted below:
• Able to leverage and refine existing advanced machine learning techniques and apply to new datasets
• Researches and discovers improvements to existing machine learning algorithms
• Drives advancements in current capabilities using in signal processing and computer vision (CV)
• Applies latest research on AI algorithms and trains machine learning / deep learning models to solve a variety of problems
• Applies transfer learning to leverage existing trained neural networks
• Optimizes the performance of AI algorithms, applications, and platforms
• Develops and documents algorithm and implementation requirements
• Develops prototypes that will enable autonomous functionality in LM products and platforms
• Implements and optimizes algorithms in software including: requirements generation, software design, development, integration, test, and deployment
• Fosters human-machine collaboration by developing effective human-machine interfaces.
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Knowledge and experience with developing, optimizing, and applying machine learning algorithms
• Knowledge of machine learning and deep learning frameworks, theory, and practice and deep learning toolsets (eg. TensorFlow PyTorch, Caffe, Keras, etc.)
• Experience designing and implementing ML techniques aimed at solving specific problems
• Experience with applications in supervised learning (eg. classification, regression, etc.), unsupervised learning (eg. clustering, dimension reduction, generative modeling, etc.)
• Exceptional programming skills (including several of the following languages: Python, C/C++, Java, R, SAS, Pig, Hive, Spark, MATLAB, SQL, etc.) with ability to transition between languages as needed
• Knowledge of application areas (computer vision, natural language processing, signal processing, etc.)
• Degree in computer science, mathematics, applied statistics, various engineering disciplines, or related STEM discipline
• Track record of research excellence in the autonomy/AI domain
• Experience with reinforcement learning (eg. model-based or model-free methods)
• Experience working and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary research team setting
• Experience deploying machine learning models for mature product lines or into operational environments
• Experience training and evaluating Artificial Neural Networks (ANNs), Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs), and Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs)
• Experience with signal processing, computer vision, OpenCV
• Experience with modeling and simulation on CPU and GPU architectures
• Demonstrated history of building prototypes in rapid prototyping environment
• Experience working with product teams to integrate ideas or transfer technology into products
• Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, applied statistics, various engineering disciplines, or related STEM discipline
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.