Nestle Production Supervisor in Jonesboro, Arkansas
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
To ensure employee safety, product quality and asset performance while delivering on time the shift/line/area production plan. This is accomplished by leading a team up to approximately 30 employees. Leadership of people includes participating in the hiring process, employee onboarding, performance management and corrective action. Proactive cooperation with other groups on site and within NUSA to ensure that their area and people are fully aligned with the organization. Modeling the way for others by practicing what is preached to create and maintain a workplace culture that engages and motives associates at all levels. Focusing on results to deliver success as measured by key performance metrics.
Ensure the timely deployment of People development plan and assure the competencies of his/her team as per the agreed plan with PM (proper training inclusive of equipment, safety procedures, and hygiene) Enforce strict compliance to standard operating procedures (SOPs) by all personnel within the team.
Ensure a safe work environment is maintained at all times. Updated work instructions available for all positions. Processes are run in accordance with SOP's, SSOP's and other documentation. Activities being performed having an environmental impact are communicated and accomplished according to the environmental management.
Ensure quality objectives are met including regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks, and product quality checks conducted according to policies. Actively participate in prevention and correction of quality-related errors. Check and enforce personnel hygiene & safety e.g. protective clothing (uniform), shoe change & hand wash.
Ongoing coaching of employees to fulfill and exceed the requirements of the job through NCE approach. Daily review of achievement of targets and report variances during on-the-floor and review meetings. Ensure the development and implementation of action plans to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives. Facilitate seamless handoffs and communicate key information to peers, team members and Production Management
• Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Business Management, Food Science, or Organizational Leadership/ Supervision) preferred.
• Work extended days and/or weekends with flexibility to switch shifts as required
• A minimum of two years in food manufacturing with production floor experience required.
• A minimum of one year of experience in Continuous Improvement environment (Lean manufacturing or TPM preferred)
• Experience in food processing, packaging, Quality, Supply Chain, and knowledge of GMP’s.
• Travel requirement (5%)
• Ability to maintain a safe working environment through proper housekeeping and safety practices.
• Excellent communication skills (oral, written and listening). Ability to adjust communication style to multiple audiences, facilitate group coaching, and information sharing. Ability to positively confront and effectively deal with non compliance through effective "soft Skills".
• Excellent people skills – maintain a positive attitude and ability to motivate people, specifically mentoring and coaching individuals in identifying short- and long-term development needs and providing appropriate support.
• Confidence in own capacity and judgment. Must be willing to face challenging situations. Developed ability to build personal relationships based on trust, mutual respect and open communication.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
- Nestle Jobs