Sage C4L Marketing Manager in johannesburg, South Africa
C4L Marketing Manager
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We’re writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good… and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage - doing what’s right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
Follow us on our social media sites below to join in conversations about career tips, open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. If you would like support with your application (or require any adjustments) please contact us email@example.com assistance. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The purpose of this role is to input into the development of the end to end customer marketing strategy and execute programs to ensure retention and value growth within our existing customer base. Reporting to the Regional Marketing Manager, they are responsible for aligning and executing marketing activities across the segment and for delivering maximum ROI. This role is required to interlock with Partner Marketing to ensure alignment of customer marketing strategy through our extensive Partner network.
• Create and execute the customer marketing strategy for a segment across a number of tactics including digital, social, events and customer references to drive loyalty, retention and value growth within our existing customer base
• Closely align with Partner Marketing team to ensure all programs are extended through an extensive Partner network
• Use propensity modelling to determine data led audience segmentation to create bespoke marketing content that engages customers to increase renewals, referrals, migration and upsell opportunities
• Through the utilisation of Customer Engagement Tools, create personalised campaigns based on customer behaviour and actions through channels that resonate with them
• Understand the customer journey, behaviour and trigger points and identify targets for specific marketing programs
• Be experts in automation through the use of Eloqua (or equivalent marketing automation tool)
• Work closely with marketing leadership and sales stakeholders to build and communicate the marketing strategy and to align the tactics to the sales objectives
• Work with Marketing Operations team to build robust reporting models to track ROI and develop insights on all marketing activities and report on the impact of the customer marketing plan on sales pipeline revenue
• Monitor, analyse and represent campaign results to the business with continuous optimisation from both data and feedback from internal stakeholders
• Budget management and allocation for marketing activities driven by data and ROI
• Act as a champion and guardian of Sage’s values and brand identity, ensuring messaging, positioning, tone of voice, visual identity is consistent and in line with the global brand guidelines, across all channels and in all activities
• Ensure consistency and enforce high quality standards across all communications as a result of advanced and accurate proofing skills, in line with the local and global internal approvals process
• Be an ambassador for the Sage advocacy program
• Find new and innovative ways to share customer stories, including written case studies, videos, speaking at events, customer quotes and peer-to-peer references
Skills, know-how and experience:
• Demand generation marketing experience with proven knowledge of marketing automation and digital marketing including search, social and online nurture journeys
• Experience in driving retention and upsell programs utilising Customer Engagement Tools.
• Experience working in a global/regional organisation structure, understands the importance of global consistency and local delivery, always has One Sage in mind
• Ability to inspire confidence and trust in interactions with other functions and Business Unit leaders
• Experienced in managing budgets and resources
• Ability to develop strategic plans and implement
• Be able to think beyond area of control/domain to do what is right for the broader Sage organization
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams and to encourage and support others to achieve their objectives
• Results oriented with strong time management skills, highly organised and driven to succeed
• Sales Force and Eloqua (or equivalent marketing automation tool) experience advantageous
• Strong analytical skills and data driven mentality
• Experience with high-tech solutions in a business-to-business environment
• Experience in customer engagement platforms
Technical / professional qualifications:
• 10+ years’ experience in marketing
• Native or Fluent English
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Communications /or equivalent experience.
- Sage Jobs