Microsoft Corporation Business Manager in Issaquah, Washington
Do you have the skills, energy and focus to be part of Microsoft’s bold digital transformation? Core Platform Engineering (CPE) is at the center of the Microsoft Digital Transformation, driving evolution of infrastructure, applications and services that every Microsoft employee relies onto to deliver new and innovative products, stellar customer service and outstanding growth. We are the Showcase for how Microsoft Products and Services power the global enterprise, and the envy of companies everywhere who want to learn how the Microsoft machine is fueled.
The CPE Business Management team is seeking to enhance our strength with a skilled Business Manager. The business manager is the trusted partner and advisor to CPE Leadership, balancing leadership with influence to drive and monitor delivery of new capabilities aligned with Business objectives, and within forecast resources. The successful candidate will have outstanding cross group organizational skills, excellent financial planning and management experience, well developed analytical and problem-solving capabilities, a solid record in workforce planning and employee retention, proven experience in successfully driving complex strategies and projects to completion, and strong communication skills.
As a Business manager in CPE you will be a dynamic self-starter, keen to dig beyond the bottom line to truly understand the technologies, solutions and challenges of your aligned business area, contributing to strategy and planning, and delivering trusted guidance to partners including leadership, finance, HR, recruiting, communications and suppliers.
You’ll be part of a team that strives to create, live and promote a team culture that’s diverse, inclusive, data-driven and passionate about building game changing processes and solutions. You’ll lead programs for diverse hiring, career development, and employee retention that live-up to our team values, unlock potential, and build an environment where everyone feels welcome and valued.
· Developing and driving consistent budget forecast and management program in partnership with finance team - covering workforce, supplier, hardware, telecoms and Azure.
· Driving planning in partnership with CPE LT
· Creating and managing Work Force Planning processes – recruiting, retention, headcount, selection, placement and onboarding
· Managing and delivering Supplier and Contract Management and efficiencies
· Develop and drive Rhythm of the Business (RoB)
· Planning and organizing content of All hands, Offsites, LT meetings and business reviews.
· Partnering with communication team to develop and execute a consistent communication plan
· Facilitating and supporting External Customer engagements (EBC, IT Showcase, individual engagement)
· Process Optimization and Management
· Developing and enhancing reporting and dashboards
· Understanding and developing activities in support of organizational health, diversity and inclusion
· 3+ years of business management experience with project/program management experience.
· Experience in managing complex budget planning and management in hardware, telecoms, suppliers, workforce, licensing and services.
· Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
· Proven strategic planning and execution
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Understanding of software architectures, MS products, and system development lifecycle methodologies
· Leading cross-disciplinary virtual teams and driving key business development initiatives from creation to implementation in partnership with senior Microsoft executives
· Demonstrated ability to influence executive leadership on complex business topics
· Ability to communicate and influence all levels from senior executives to Individual Contributors
· Understanding of technology industry trends, and strong aptitude to understand and communicate Microsoft’s product roadmap.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs