Kaiser Permanente Infection Control Professional PD in Irvine, California
Acting as an expert resource/consultant in one or more than one care setting (primary, secondary, tertiary, continuing care), the Infection Prevention Professional/Epidemiologist contributes to the provision of high quality patient care by promoting and implementing infection prevention and control practices and compliance with regulatory agency requirements. Through interdisciplinary and collaborative actions, evaluates occupational health exposures/issues and assists with the determination of proper care and planning related to infection prevention and control; participates in the identification, prevention and control of infections by data collection, surveillance and analysis, development of verbal and written reports, educational programs for personnel and patients as needed.Serves as a liaison with the Department of Health Services and reports communicable diseases as required. Participates in research on infection control issues related at the local and Regional levels. Assists client departments in preparations for accreditation and licensure surveys in both the acute and ambulatory care areas as well as other Regulatory Standard reviews (e.g. Cal-OSHA, CDPH, CMS, etc.).
Assists with planning, development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and revision of Infection Prevention and Control Program goals, standards, policies and procedures
Coordinates multi-disciplinary and interdepartmental efforts to improve performance of infection prevention/control programs and services
Facilitates meeting applicable regulatory requirements through monitoring and reporting infection trends in the acute, ambulatory and other care settings
Reports communicable diseases and supporting laboratory data to the local, state and national health departments as required
Participates in the development and review of Infection Prevention and Control Standards of Care, Policy and Procedure for assigned areas
Together with the Infection Prevention and Control leadership, develops and maintains excellent, collaborative relations with key stakeholders/departments including but not limited to: Employee Health, Nursing, Perioperative, Perinatal, Emergency Services, Urgent Care, ambulatory, Support Services and various physician specialties
Maintains on-going communications and cooperative relationships with medical center committees and external agencies
Participates in epidemiological investigations of significant clusters of infection above established standards and of unusual isolates as directed by the Infection Prevention and Control leadership
Interacts with Occupational/Employee health to institute and maintain control measures pertaining to health care worker and/or member exposures
Assists with supervision and management of the Infection Prevention and control clerical/ancillary staff
Provides in-service education for the medical center area, general orientation, annual review, and as needed
Provides expert review and consultation for facility construction/remodels, and/or new patient care equipment
Assumes other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed
· Minimum one (1) year as an Infection Control Professional OR
· Minimum three (3) years of experience in a laboratory; or acute care hospital, utilizing knowledge of medical and surgical procedures, treatments and patient management.
· Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare discipline, e.g. nursing, clinical laboratory science.
License, Certification, Registration
· Demonstrated knowledge of microbiology, laboratory procedures, aseptic technique and epidemiological techniques.
· Demonstrated ability to comprehend and utilize scientific data and statistical techniques/ methods; screen data results for variations and/or errors, function as a liaison, instructor, consultant and coordinator with client departments.
· Demonstrated organizational, problem solving, decision-making and delegation skills.
· Demonstrated ability to develop and present educational programs effectively and communicate in a clear, concise and timely manner.
· Must be able to work in a Labor Management partnership environment.
· Certification in Infection Control within two years.
· Minimum two (2) years of experience as an Infection Control Professional in an acute care hospital.
· Current license to practice nursing or other related healthcare discipline e.g., Clinical Lab Science.
· Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, environmental health, microbiology or other public health related field.
TITLE: Infection Control Professional PD
LOCATION: Irvine, California
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
- Kaiser Permanente Jobs