Lockheed Martin Project Engineer Staff (mid-career level) in Huntsville, Alabama
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator, and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design, and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to join a team where employees envision the impossible, perform with excellence, and build incredible products?
Defending against modern-day missile threats requires constant collaboration and innovation. That’s why we’re able to integrate systems from end to end so you can detect, control and engage the full spectrum of missile threats across every domain. It’s why we’re investing in ground-breaking technology like directed energy, space-based capabilities, and solid-state radar. To create layers of defense that help keep us all safe.
Shooting a missile down with a missile was once a concept only dreamed up in science fiction novels. We’ve made it a scientific fact!
So what does it take to spot an enemy missile launch, identify its intended target, calculate its exact trajectory, launch an interceptor and guide it to destroy the threat in mid-air? All in a matter of seconds? It’s not easy – but at Lockheed Martin, we help customers solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus and if you have the passion and courage, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
The Lockheed Martin Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) team is seeking an experienced Project Engineer to be part of a team developing missile defense technology that could forever change our ability to deter and respond to adversity.
Summary of Key Duties for this position: In this role you will...
• Assist with program development and provide professional expertise in evaluating cost, schedule and process status
• Apply Lockheed Martin's technical processes, tools and validated methodologies to ensure the program adheres to our cost and schedule obligations
• Help develop timely resolution plans of issues and ensure the validity of designs, compliance evidence, and all associated documentation
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 9 - 15 years of experience.
This position is in Rocket City USA, one of the greatest places to work: Huntsville, AL .
Oh, and by the way, US News & World Report ranked Huntsville as the best place to live!
Join us. Let’s do Space!
• Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of professional experience, or equivalent experience/combined education (13 years of experience in lieu of a degree)
• Prior project management, project lead and/or Finance/Business experience
• Experience with Cost Account Management processes and tools (i.e. MS Project, EVMS)
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
• Bachelors degree in Business or Engineering discipline preferred
• PMP certified
• Risk and Opportunity Management experience
• Active Secret clearance
• Familiarity with all phases of development life cycle for missile and/or launch vehicle programs and supporting production of missile, launch vehicle, spacecraft or aircraft hardware
• Working closely with major subcontractors
• Program/Project Management and Cost Account Manager experience with the ability to articulate sophisticated technical and programmatic issues to subordinates, peers, management and customers
• Cost Account Manager certification and/or LM training
• Executive level communication and customer interaction
• Experience collaborating with internal and external customers and executive leadership
• Experience with VARS and/or PPMP-01
• Experience supporting internal and external customer audits
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Benefits you can enjoy include:
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs