Lockheed Martin Electronic Components Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
Defending against modern day missile threats requires constant collaboration and innovation. That’s why we’re able to integrate systems from end to end so you can detect, control and engage the full spectrum of missile threats across every domain. It’s why we’re investing in disruptive technology like directed energy, space-based capabilities and solid state-radar. To create layers of defense that help keep us all safe.
Shooting a missile down with a missile was once a concept only dreamed up in science fiction novels. We’ve made it scientific fact!
So what does it take to spot an enemy missile launch, identify its intended target, calculate its exact trajectory, launch an interceptor and guide it to destroy the threat in mid-air? All in a matter of seconds? It’s not easy – but at Lockheed Martin, we help customers solve the world’s most complex challenges. "Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? For over 100 years Lockheed Martin has been designing, building, fielding and supporting some of the most advanced technology in the skies and on the ground.
Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world every single day. Join this highly innovative team providing ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the aerospace industry. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a Component Engineer you’ll work on a broad range of projects, in both a laboratory and manufacturing environment, that will challenge you to learn and grow in your career. Working side by side with designers, test and manufacturing engineers, you’ll use your education, experience and growing expertise to develop and evaluate new and innovative technology to survive in the most hostile of environments.
In this role you will:
• Participate in Electrical/ Electronic/ Electromechanical (EEE) Parts Engineering technical assignments related to hardware manufacturing and testing. Assignments will include technical evaluation and support of manufacturing issues/concerns
• Have a hand in the development of the program EEE Parts management plan, the selection, qualification, testing, and failure analysis of EEE Parts
• Prepare technical and progress reports on assigned tasks, prepare specifications, evaluate suppliers and analyze test reports
• Coordinate with other disciplines such as Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering, and Procurement
Typically looking for 9 years of professional experience
We're looking for:
• A self-starter who develops solutions to technical issues
• A motivated individual who's able to work closely within a geographically diverse team to resolve technical issues
• Someone with the ability to handle shifting priorities, multiple projects and timeline pressure to meet deadlines
• Someone comfortable with communicating in a variety of forums
• Someone willing to mentor and teach junior engineers
• The ability to work with management and program representatives at several levels
• Technical leadership of small teams or projects
• Proven ability to communicate key project information or recommendations to Program management and /or Customers
Position is contingent upon program award expected in Q1 of 2021
If selected you will need to obtain a DOD security clearance. US Citizenship required.
• Electrical/Electronic/Electromechanical (EEE) parts related background or field of study
• Experience establishing and implementing technical requirements (specifications, program plans/requirements, etc.)
• Experience evaluating EEE parts for use in aerospace applications
• Experience reviewing engineering drawings and/or specifications and providing guidance to design, stress, and manufacturing engineers
• Experience working collaboratively with customers and teammates
• Familiar with a variety of EEE parts including integrated circuits, transistors, diodes and capacitors
• Good understanding of Electrical/Electronic/Electromechanical (EEE) parts performance requirements and specifications
• Good writing, communication and interpersonal skills
• Non-conformance and failure analysis disposition experience
• Proven experience in the analysis of passive EEE parts, semiconductor physics and/or operation of parts such as hybrids, integrated circuits, transistors, diodes and capacitors
This position requires the ability to obtain a DOD security clearance. US Citizenship required.
• Experience in participating in major program milestone reviews such as PDR and CDR
• Experience with EEE parts testing, failure analysis and non-conformance resolution.
• Familiar with radiation effects on EEE parts
• Influencing corporate and industry standards
• Knowledge of avoiding and mitigating counterfeit part usage
• Knowledge of design, manufacturing, materials and processes for EEE parts
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs