Confie Administrative Services Corporate Accounting Manager in Huntington Beach, California
Confie and its family of companies - Freeway, BlueFire & others - is one of the top 5 insurance brokers in the United States. We have successfully acquired and integrated over 100 acquisitions since 2008, which defines our credibility! Confie is a builder of companies, every single agency we’ve acquired, we’ve grown. We are proactively looking for bright, talented, and motivated individuals who are goal oriented and excited for career advancement. Be part of this amazing journey and take your career and income potential to new heights! Come Grow With Us!
Integrity- We maintain the highest standard of ethical behavior, and do the right thing for the customers and employees.
Commitment- We strive to provide value to our customers, our employees and our company.
Accountability- We hold ourselves to the highest standards of accountability in all our actions.
Respect- We are always mindful to respect our customers, ourselves and each other.
Excellence- We focus on going the extra mile to exceed expectations.
Because we CARE, Confie conducts phone and video interviews to practice social distancing to accommodate the state, local or national guidelines. If you are considered to formally video interview, please consider the following recommendations:
Interviews can be conducted using a laptop or desktop computer with a webcam, tablet or smartphone.
Find a quiet, private, well-lit space, free from possible interruptions.
Position yourself so that you have a neutral background that’s free from distractions.
Test your internet connection to be sure you have a good connection.
Remember it’s an interview, so dress appropriately.
Place your phone on do not disturb.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Accountable for the team’s timely completion of month-end closing deliverables based upon preset deadlines
· Responsible for review and approval of journal entries and account reconciliations prepared in accordance with GAAP with proper supporting documentation
· Responsible for the distribution of supplementary reports to management, including revenue related and trend analysis related to retail operations.
· Responsible for analyzing accounts including budget to actual variances by state as well as by entity
· Identification of new policies or improved policies to provide better financial management.
· Improvement of processes, increasing efficiencies whilst ensuring proper internal controls are in place.
· Preparation of schedules needed for the Corporate Tax department.
· Plan and execute audits of financial data, including organizational effectiveness ratios.
· Point of contact for external auditors ensuring that the PBC’s and other audit requirements are delivered in a timely manner.
· Work collaboratively with other accounting teams to ensure financial completeness and accuracy.
· Work collaboratively with supporting Retail Operations and Sales teams
· Ad-hoc projects as assigned
· 5+ years of Managerial or Supervisory experience
· Bachelors in Accounting
· Insurance or Multi state Retail industry experience preferred
· Working knowledge of US GAAP
· Accounting Professional qualification such as CPA license or international equivalent, CMA, ACCA, desirable
· Advanced excel skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office
· Understanding of multi-state and multi-entity organization
· Strong understanding of retail
· Ability to compile, analyze and interpret financial data
· Organizational skills with attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
· Hands on/mentor mentality
· Acts independently and pro-actively
· Flexible and change adept
· Have an “ownership” attitude; fully engaged
· Ability to motivate, teach and lead
ICIMS Requisition ID: 2021-6977
External Company URL: newhire296
Street: 7711 Center Ave.