Honeywell Sr. Procurement Project Specialist in Houston, Texas
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us make the future?
As a Senior Procurement Project Specialist, you will have a strong understanding of Internal Supply Chain tools and processes, as well as project management activities, including the end to end project management process in a fast paced, complex business environment. You will work within a team of collaborative colleagues, working on high-impact Procurement Functional Excellence projects that move the business forward. You will help your team meet deadlines, supervise and summarize progress of projects, and prepare reports for senior leadership regarding the status and project of these projects. The projects can be in many areas including working capital improvement, inventory reduction, improving supply chain financing penetration, productivity MOS, etc.
HYBRID WORK SCHEDULE OFFERED, 3 DAYS ONSITE, 2 DAYS REMOTE WEEKLY
Oversees and coordinates the operational and strategy creation aspects of Functional Excellence Procurement projects
Partners with ISC leaders to build strategy and drive projects to completion
Prepares executive presentations and project summaries
Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet efficiency, quality, and internal leader's happiness goals and objectives
Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with cross-functional project teams
• Work on developing annual goals and identify opportunities to meet the goals
• Partners with Category and Commodity leaders to create strategy and drive projects to completion
• Reviews status of projects; manages schedules and prepares status reports
• Prepares executive presentations and project summaries
• Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet efficiency, quality, and internal leader's happiness goals and objectives
• Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with cross-functional project teams
• Oversees and coordinates the operational and strategy creation aspects of Functional Excellence Procurement projects
You must have:
• Undergraduate degree
• 4+ years of experience in Supply Management / Sourcing / Procurement and leading projects
• 2+ years experience with SAP
• 4+ years experience with Excel and PowerPoint
• 4+ years experience in Supply Chain/ Procurement
• 2+ years experience in leading process improvement projects
• 2+ years of experience in analyzing data and derive actionable data
• Strong leadership skills and ability to lead a cross-functional team
• Ability to influence people who do not report to you and people in leadership roles
• Strong analytical and innovative attitude to balance multiple projects and meet goals.
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing requirements and conditions in a sophisticated business environment
• Six Sigma Green Belt or similar Process Improvement Certification
• Able to articulate points of view with senior leaders, and execute plans when advised
• Demonstrate relevant results by delivering against targets for financial performance business impact
• Ability to quickly learn new technical tools and how best to utilize them within the business organization
• Data-focused approach to problem solving, with proven capability to use Big Data to drive business goals.
• Proven track record to think strategically but detailed oriented to support ideology with facts
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs