YMCA of Greater Houston Lead Lifeguard II in Houston, Texas
Provides leadership in maintaining safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement, youth development and healthy living in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
1. Provides leadership and guidance to other lifeguards.
2. Maintains constant surveillance of the pool area.
3. Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Completes related reports as required.
4. Maintains effective relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
5. Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
6. Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
7. Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
8. Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
9. Performs chemical testing at appropriate times of the day, as required, and takes appropriate action.
10.Attends all staff meetings and training as required.
11.May assist in scheduling lifeguards and coordinating pool activities.
12.Performs effectively on all required lifeguard audits and drills
1. Minimum age of 18 years.
2. Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid certification.
3. Current YMCA LifeguardingorRed Cross Lifeguarding and obtain YMCA Lifeguarding Certification within 30 days of hire.
4. Oxygen Administration certification.
5. Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
6. Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
Posting ID 86136951991
Job Category Aquatics